Yellow | too all who voted NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not understanding you... It's like you want to be happy but when you feel happiness coming up you shoot yourself in the foot so it doesn't take hold!?!?!?!?!?

The 3.4 billion DIDN'T ever exist.... it didn't "go somewhere" -

The truth of the matter is (as I see it, IMHO) you don't want to know where it is... you just want to be upset about it. WHY??? You can figure out what 'happened' to it if you follow the financials....

YRCW has revenues of 5 BILLION a year.... and they are LOSING 50 MILLION a year... That means they bring in (revenues) 5 BILLION and the spend (expenses, including but not limited to , wages, Health Care, Pension, fuel, repairs, rent, etc...) 5BILLION 50 MILLION.... you want to know where the 3.4 BILLION is? It's in the gap of 9BILLION in Revenues from 2007 to 5 BILLION in revenues in 2013... That's where it is.

As for the VOTE... really - here is where the 'flip' came from...
1. As albag stated... the wage freeze for some was not acceptable to many and worth a NO vote - when that was changed that alone was enough to change some votes.
2. The UNION taking a "hands - off stance" before and thru the first vote - Many were unable to vote on something they were not being told was the 'right thing' by their 'representatives'... (lack of ability to think for one's self) - now they had the UNION telling them this was the course they should take.
3. Misinformation that was set 'right' by facts when the right questions were asked. - some had legitimate questions... like if we can cut 300 MILLION off the debt why do we still need this MOU - and they did not get the answers before the last vote
4. REALITY - after voting NO to the first proposal and then living day-by-day HOPING that something else was going to be offered.. some just couldn't take it any longer... and were ready to vote yes to just about anything...
5. There really was a chipmunk (His name was Alvin) inside of each voting box eating 10% of all NO votes and replacing them with YES votes.... <---- Alvin is a fictional character in a kids movie... Just incase you were inclined to take that seriously :)

Do me a favor... think of it this way for 5 seconds.... I have a job. My job has a good wage and an excellent benefits package. (save the pension) I have a chance to make my company BETTER than it has been in 6 years. I have the opportunity to work for a stronger company 5 years from now if I take the time to invest in my company.

It's just an opinion.....

Your right SinC, YRC CAN'T MAKE MONEY PERIOD. Haven't showed a profit in how many years? Mean while we all want to know how will they change that? By doing business as usual?
It's been 5 years, still going backwards, meanwhile top Execs get there wages doubled, big bonuses, and what do we get? The opportunity to pay for those Raises & Bonuses with our hard work & sweat!!!! How is this a good thing.
I too didn't want the company to close, but it would be nice to know what the NEW PLAN OF ATTACK IS to turn this around, is that asking to much??

So according to dmac the only two jobs he can do is truck driving an burger flipping? Then he deserves to go on welfare after they eventually close the doors!!

Yeah its gonna take the IRS or another govt audit to scatter these cockroaches and find the money they have been embezzling. Cant wait to see Zollars, Welch and a few high ranking teamster officials up there before congress and then to the pokey. I can dream right?!?

Stupid people are never ashamed of what they do take Honey Boo Boo for example!! You missed the forest for the trees lib. They were never gonna close these doors because then the audits start. Remember Enron? You cant say on one hand we are broke and then give yourself and most of your cronies triple your salary in bonuses i.e. 1.4 million a piece to the top 4 brass. Also remember that one of the guys responsible for this lube job got a 5.1 million dollar bonus. And our 750 whatever you want to call it "trick" is my word, at 26000 workers not 30000 comes out to 19,500,000. Go back to your trailer park and drink a beer cause you believed the lie they spoon fed you. Nobody wanted to close this company they just wanted a better deal than the crap they sold us.

750 times 26000 is 19,500,000.. True enough, BUT they only have to pay it once.. not year after year after year after year... so over the next 5 years they will not pay 1,365,000,000... That is a huge cut in budget... you think 'big' but you have to think BIGGER.... :)
They will pay out 19,500,000 twice... and NOT pay it for 7 years... during this contract....

The amount of money that they were going to have to budget was drastically reduced by twice paying a one time "trick" as you call it. By the way... the bonuses to the 'top brass' were not 1.4.. some of that was salary and stock... just saying.

Your right SinC, YRC CAN'T MAKE MONEY PERIOD. Haven't showed a profit in how many years? Mean while we all want to know how will they change that? By doing business as usual?
It's been 5 years, still going backwards, meanwhile top Execs get there wages doubled, big bonuses, and what do we get? The opportunity to pay for those Raises & Bonuses with our hard work & sweat!!!! How is this a good thing.
I too didn't want the company to close, but it would be nice to know what the NEW PLAN OF ATTACK IS to turn this around, is that asking to much??

Why does everyone keep saying the top Execs are getting their wage doubled, it just isn't true. Please review the wages earned by the 'top execs' and let me know what you find. YES they make more than you do.. and they always will! That you just have to live with.....

They have cut the losses by 200 million per year. That is improvement... losing 250 million per year is worse than losing 50 million per year.. losing 50 million per years isn't good.... but it's better.

Yeah its gonna take the IRS or another govt audit to scatter these cockroaches and find the money they have been embezzling. Cant wait to see Zollars, Welch and a few high ranking teamster officials up there before congress and then to the pokey. I can dream right?!?

Zollars is GONE... Just letting you know...

You can tell everyone here about how you never really admitted defeat. You did what most cowards do, go behind some ones back. You know the little reputation red block you gave me. Be a man and argue here don't try to smear my name because you get your rear kicked arguing the facts.

I told you I shouldn't have said NOT ONE.

Why does everyone keep saying the top Execs are getting their wage doubled, it just isn't true. Please review the wages earned by the 'top execs' and let me know what you find. YES they make more than you do.. and they always will! That you just have to live with.....

They have cut the losses by 200 million per year. That is improvement... losing 250 million per year is worse than losing 50 million per year.. losing 50 million per years isn't good.... but it's better.

Look at the March 2013 board of directors decision to give Mr. Welch a raise from $301,000.00 to $702,000.00 that was just his Salary not the bonuses. That was in their report look it up! No I don't have problem with Exec's making more, just not when they ask me to earn less. Are we not trying to find ways to save money? Really $400,000.00 is a good start, and that's just one Exec....

Look at the March 2013 board of directors decision to give Mr. Welch a raise from $301,000.00 to $702,000.00 that was just his Salary not the bonuses. That was in their report look it up! No I don't have problem with Exec's making more, just not when they ask me to earn less. Are we not trying to find ways to save money? Really $400,000.00 is a good start, and that's just one Exec....

Looking... will get back to you....

SinC you will have to look on their website I think it was on page 32 of their financials. But the top 4 guys got 1.4 mil each including stock. I saw it with my own lying eyes lol!! I heard from a friend who facebooks that Welch was reported as saying that the drivers are vastly overpaid and that he was vastly underpaid. Might want to confirm that rumor too!!

Dirby I think those losses you speak of are translated into labor costs ie yours and mine earnings. If you take our concessions out of the mix they are still losing boo coos of revenue. As the saying goes figures lie and liars figure. :Emoticon_digging: They need some common sense leading this company and let's face it its just not there!!

Stupid people are never ashamed of what they do take Honey Boo Boo for example!! You missed the forest for the trees lib. They were never gonna close these doors because then the audits start. Remember Enron? You cant say on one hand we are broke and then give yourself and most of your cronies triple your salary in bonuses i.e. 1.4 million a piece to the top 4 brass. Also remember that one of the guys responsible for this lube job got a 5.1 million dollar bonus. And our 750 whatever you want to call it "trick" is my word, at 26000 workers not 30000 comes out to 19,500,000. Go back to your trailer park and drink a beer cause you believed the lie they spoon fed you. Nobody wanted to close this company they just wanted a better deal than the crap they sold us.

Can't milk the cow forever if you can't afford to feed it, heard they closed Enron

Health care and pension DO NOT come out of your wages. They are provided in addition to your wages as part of your total compensation package. Have you paid income tax on your health care and pension contributions? Are those amounts included on your W-2 gross earnings?[/Q
They are not If you get a 50 cent wage increase maybe 10cents goes to health care maybe 5 cents goes to pension then the rest you get as a raise which is taxed as income. KK tell them they come out in the pre tax .Right now then I don't know if in 2014 you will be paying tax on them because of obamacare .but YOU will be paying tax as a income in the future so get ready.just because its not on your w-2 doesn't mean it doesn't come out of your wages .

SinC you will have to look on their website I think it was on page 32 of their financials. But the top 4 guys got 1.4 mil each including stock. I saw it with my own lying eyes lol!! I heard from a friend who facebooks that Welch was reported as saying that the drivers are vastly overpaid and that he was vastly underpaid. Might want to confirm that rumor too!!

lolo - thanks... I'm not concerned with the total comp.. I've seen that - what I'm interested in is the "RAISE" btw - in the message I sent - I was off on my numbers... that's what you get for trying to 'remember' instead of looking it up! :)

They are not If you get a 50 cent wage increase maybe 10cents goes to health care maybe 5 cents goes to pension then the rest you get as a raise which is taxed as income. KK tell them they come out in the pre tax .Right now then I don't know if in 2014 you will be paying tax on them because of obamacare .but YOU will be paying tax as a income in the future so get ready.just because its not on your w-2 doesn't mean it doesn't come out of your wages .

OK - So.. the way it works with YRC...
You have an hourly wage- this is multiplied by your hours worked and is your pay
You have medical benefits that are contributed for you - you never see this $$
You have 'pension' contributions (or what's left of them) that are contributed on your behalf - you never see this $$

So to figure out what you 'make' you need to take your hourly wage (W2) and ADD - the amount contributed on your behalf for Health and welfare - ADD the amount contributed on your behalf for pension (yes... I know) and then you have your total compensation.

conversely - When you work at some places... you have a wage, an amount contributed on your behalf for benefits.. and an amount that you GIVE BACK out of your wages on behalf of your own benefits...

SO... Health care and pension do not come out of your wages here.

Did you know that if you are given a 'car allowance' it is added to the W2 when you are sent your statement... so all year long you are working along and getting your checks and there is a total yearly compensation paid amount.. and when you get your W2... POW... there is an extra 12,000 you have to 'claim' as income that you never saw... ??

That SUCKS!!! - Not that it's ever happened to me!! LOL - but I have friends that tell me this stuff... :)

Yep and all these COOs when you choose to let them move you that is added to your income at the end of the year without any taxes. Just saying....

Looking... will get back to you....

Well it's been a few days what say you? Do the math over 5 years that would save the corp how much???
That's just one Exec, but I'm should quit and go to another company because I would like some answers to rather difficult questions.
I'm going to look for a new job in the very near future, just have a few months to wait, just had hoped that the rest of the Teamster's would see this for what it really is.... a lining of the pockets by upper management... Out come will be the same.

OK - So.. the way it works with YRC...
You have an hourly wage- this is multiplied by your hours worked and is your pay
You have medical benefits that are contributed for you - you never see this $$
You have 'pension' contributions (or what's left of them) that are contributed on your behalf - you never see this $$

So to figure out what you 'make' you need to take your hourly wage (W2) and ADD - the amount contributed on your behalf for Health and welfare - ADD the amount contributed on your behalf for pension (yes... I know) and then you have your total compensation.

conversely - When you work at some places... you have a wage, an amount contributed on your behalf for benefits.. and an amount that you GIVE BACK out of your wages on behalf of your own benefits...

SO... Health care and pension do not come out of your wages here.

Did you know that if you are given a 'car allowance' it is added to the W2 when you are sent your statement... so all year long you are working along and getting your checks and there is a total yearly compensation paid amount.. and when you get your W2... POW... there is an extra 12,000 you have to 'claim' as income that you never saw... ??

That SUCKS!!! - Not that it's ever happened to me!! LOL - but I have friends that tell me this stuff... :)

Careful, reasoned and intelligent discourse is frowned upon. The use of facts is sometimes viewed with disdain at time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.