R&L | Top 25 LTL Carriers

Looks to me that we are dead last in Nationwide LTL carriers. Everyone after us I believe are regional carriers.

Looks to me that we are dead last in Nationwide LTL carriers. Everyone after us I believe are regional carriers.

In revenue only. These numbers don't tell the whole story. You can make all the revenue in the world and it won't make a difference if you can't turn a profit. Unfortunately, as a private company, that information is on a need to know basis. Us employees probably won't know we're losing money until they start handing out brown shirts and shorts when we come in for work.

In revenue only. These numbers don't tell the whole story. You can make all the revenue in the world and it won't make a difference if you can't turn a profit. Unfortunately, as a private company, that information is on a need to know basis. Us employees probably won't know we're losing money until they start handing out brown shirts and shorts when we come in for work.

Brown might not be too bad. I know Im sweating my ass off in these black uniforms and the UPS guys always look cool with no sweat. LOL

dont say that i worked at 2 that got bought out an it sucked got worse. both times.

I have to say,your right.I was an American Freightways city driver and that was a great company until FedEx bought it.

dont say that i worked at 2 that got bought out an it sucked got worse. both times.

I agree with you and you both make good points, but I am ready to roll the dice. I am so tired of this mismanaged place it is crazy. Unfortunately I cannot do anything about it at this moment, but I will as soon as I can.

It might get worse, but I don't see how!! I agree with Bullwagon, roll the dice!!!

There is something going on behind the scenes!!!!

And they get overtime pay!!!

And they get overtime pay!!! I would think it would be unlikely that UPS would buy R&L, but I guess its possible...

Some employees are exempt from the overtime pay provisions.

elaws - Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor

Drivers, driver's helpers, loaders and mechanics are exempt from the overtime pay provisions of the FLSA if employed by a motor carrier, and if the employee's duties affect the safety of operation of the vehicles in transportation of passengers or property in interstate or foreign commerce. You may also wish to review the applicable regulation

UPS gets overtime pay!!! Why, Because they have a contract that says they have to!

Some employees are exempt from the overtime pay provisions.

elaws - Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor

Drivers, driver's helpers, loaders and mechanics are exempt from the overtime pay provisions of the FLSA if employed by a motor carrier, and if the employee's duties affect the safety of operation of the vehicles in transportation of passengers or property in interstate or foreign commerce. You may also wish to review the applicable regulation

UPS gets overtime pay!!! Why, Because they have a contract that says they have to!

We are all very aware of the regulation but that doesn't mean its ok for the company to take advantage of it.There are plenty of carriers and trucking company's that pay time and a half for OT that are non union and don't have a contract stipulating that the y must pay it,they just do because its the right thing to do.

We are all very aware of the regulation but that doesn't mean its ok for the company to take advantage of it.There are plenty of carriers and trucking company's that pay time and a half for OT that are non union and don't have a contract stipulating that the y must pay it,they just do because its the right thing to do.

Guess it all depends on whether your happy or not where you are.

I never said I was unhappy,just stating a fact. Im 3rd senior driver in our shop, at top rate and I dont put in long hours and my TM is a good guy that treats me good so all in all Im not too bad off but there are plenty of people here that cant say that and do deserve to be treated better.

I never said I was unhappy,just stating a fact. Im 3rd senior driver in our shop, at top rate and I don't put in long hours and my TM is a good guy that treats me good so all in all Im not too bad off but there are plenty of people here that cant say that and do deserve to be treated better.

Look if someone is not happy with the way things are, than they have only one choice, move on! Go where they "MIGHT" be happier! Time for a COLD Delight! Later, and "BE SAFE" out there, Mustache.

no it depends on if the company wants to take advantage of said provision for personal gain.
stop it with the passive aggression.
and i think that ups freight got ot when they were overnite, and if not, other non union companies pay ot to their employees without a contract

The overtime game is played throughout the country in every industry.

At my wife's work overtime is paid, but she will be sent home if her hours get close to overtime status.

A driver from my barn could not take the lack of overtime any longer. He went to work at another carrier to "get his rightful pay". He has started this new job at 17 per hour. At the overtime mark of 40 hours he will make 25.50 per hour. 30 cents more per hour than he made at R&L.

He has yet to get a week of more than 50 hours.

At R&L 50x25.30= 1265.00

At his new company 40x17+10x25.5 = 935.00

In 5 years he will be at top pay in the new company, currently 21.50 regular pay, 32.25 overtime pay. 40x21.50+10x32.25= 1182.50

When will he get his "rightful pay"?

bine there done it both ways. ill take my set 50 hrs over 40 hrs an hope for over time.

Had a coworker go to another company just because they paid overtime, he wants to come back now because he gets none, and he now makes a lot less than he did here. He only worked about 45 hours a week here, so at our 45 to their 40, even at top scale he would still be making more money here. Like I said he wishes he would have never left. Sucks to be him....