top acct for nemf

imovaherenow

TB Regular
Credits
new penn salesman upstate told me they stole one of your biggest accts..he wouldnt elaborate, but said its starting soon .did anyone else hear this . or know which one he was talking about?

If I did know, I would not state publicly here. I am aware that NEMF has lost some business to NPME and this is because they undercut the rates by 30%. More of the dire direction of YRC.

YRC Corp wants to raise their O.R. higher than the 118% it is now. Maybe they can hit 120 with this new account.

YRC Corp wants to raise their O.R. higher than the 118% it is now. Maybe they can hit 120 with this new account.

Hey Top Flight..........I think you figured out the YRC problem. They keep wanting to raise the OR and they should be lowering it! I am just seeing too much ow what I call "Desperation Pricing" and New Penn and USF are doing it as bad if not worse. New Penn was NEVER one to "give away the shop".....till now!!

i didnt want to start a war..but OBVIOUSLY HOME DEPOT IS THE #1 ACCT.....but it didnt make sense for new penn to go after that..then i thought ESTEE LAUDER??...who knows
new penn is probably pissed...alot of brass went over to NEMF...and took accts over.

customers come and customers go..name of the game..it's all about price but nemf is pretty good with pricing as far as my customers have shown me...others will be doing it cheaper and cheaper but that will hurt in the long run....with fuel ot etc..factored in ..the price will have to go a bit higher oh as for the home depot account nemf is in for the next few years....since they are not using roadway anymore...

Protrans....8,000 bucks a day revenue..p/u freight only and drop at camphill....sounds like a good deal

I heard that there was a big meeting at Camp Hill last week about a large influx of freight. All the brass in attendance - so that sounds logical.:clap:

Protrans....8,000 bucks a day revenue..p/u freight only and drop at camphill....sounds like a good deal

That is the one that came to mind, but the first statement led me to believe it was in upstate.

Let's make sure that a couple FACTS are stated with regards to ProTrans. NEMF recently secured this business and it was lost to New Penn since they under bid NEMF by 30%.

Well I guess you think you know what the bid was but you didnt know what the account was??? I can't figure that one out.
I really don't care what or who bid what. But I can tell you this...NewPenn won't haul anything without making money on it. And thats a FACT.
I never understood why people get offended or take it personal when a company takes freight from another. Whether or not we took it or someone took freight from us, it's no reflection on my work..IT's Business...most freight gets shipped due to the best price and the best service (on time and claim free)

Well I guess you think you know what the bid was but you didnt know what the account was??? I can't figure that one out.
I really don't care what or who bid what. But I can tell you this...NewPenn won't haul anything without making money on it. And thats a FACT.
I never understood why people get offended or take it personal when a company takes freight from another. Whether or not we took it or someone took freight from us, it's no reflection on my work..IT's Business...most freight gets shipped due to the best price and the best service (on time and claim free)

we heard about this up here in NY last week.....gotta agree with your statement bro :thumbsup:

Wish New Penn the best of luck with PT they will be crying within 3 months. NP has no clue what they bought into

Newpenn has been the best operating company in the business for the 21 years I've been there...I'm sure they have a clue how to do things.. but i can tell you this..I've seen them walk away from accounts if they didnt make money on them...and this will be the same if it doesnt work out...

Who hauls the the Pro Trans freight south after consolidation? If that is the direction it goes? Still dont know much about it.

That is the one that came to mind, but the first statement led me to believe it was in upstate.

Let's make sure that a couple FACTS are stated with regards to ProTrans. NEMF recently secured this business and it was lost to New Penn since they under bid NEMF by 30%.
WELL montana if thats the fact mybe we will go after your mall freight next.

WELL montana if thats the fact maybe we can go after your mall freight next.

Folks, there is enough freight out there for everybody. What the LTL companies need to stop doing is cutting each others throats. I win some accounts and lose some accounts, but life goes on.
We are our own enemies. How long will any company survive if we continue to offer these customers 86% discounts, and $55.00 pallet rates to haul 2,500L per skid.
As an industry, we need to smarten up, this includes everyone, R&L, Pyle, Conway, NEMF, NPME, YRC, ABF, New Century, ODFL, and whoever else I forgot. The customers love seeing each us cut each others throats, so they move their freight for just about nothing, and we are left trying to survive and support our families. The biggest challenge is getting the customers who have these super discounts to pay their bills in 30 days. They seem to forget our companies need to make payroll weekly also....Lets stand tall together as an industry during these hard economic downturns, and we will all survive to see the good times that await us in the near future....Best of luck to all of you....Just my input....:clap:

Folks, there is enough freight out there for everybody. What the LTL companies need to stop doing is cutting each others throats. I win some accounts and lose some accounts, but life goes on.
We are our own enemies. How long will any company survive if we continue to offer these customers 86% discounts, and $55.00 pallet rates to haul 2,500L per skid.
As an industry, we need to smarten up, this includes everyone, R&L, Pyle, Conway, NEMF, NPME, YRC, ABF, New Century, ODFL, and whoever else I forgot. The customers love seeing each us cut each others throats, so they move their freight for just about nothing, and we are left trying to survive and support our families. The biggest challenge is getting the customers who have these super discounts to pay their bills in 30 days. They seem to forget our companies need to make payroll weekly also....Lets stand tall together as an industry during these hard economic downturns, and we will all survive to see the good times that await us in the near future....Best of luck to all of you....Just my input....:clap:

Well said!!

what a load of rubbish newpennsales......yrc is so money hungry they are the ones giving out 80% discounts with 12% incentives on no guarantee of freight.and dont tell me theres no pressure on you to do the same. i spoke to the shipping mgr. of this acct. and he showed me the tariff..funny thing..his warehouse was empty..and he was crying business was dead.....oh..theres enough business for everyone????where the heck do you sell...i see empty warehouses all over the place...about cutting throats...look in the mirror first..because i'm sure you have pallet rate accts...sad thing is the avg. joe dont understand rates,tariffs and incentives..he thinks just because hes pickin up freight there buzy...sad thing is its off of a foreign rate base.....you want to talk about whos responsible...lets start at the 3rd party logistics companies..those whores..if they only knew the impact, and how they are killin us..

No need to worry the 3rd party comanies are coming to an end! When this turns around the 3rd parties will be left in the dust. They are treating the carriers like a commodity right now and believe you me this wil have ramifications in the future