R&L | Top Rate

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
I seen an advertisement for a road position and the ad indicated that you would start at top rate. What is top rate for a road driver and do you get paid for pre post fueling and do you work the dock at any of the terminals or do you just drive. Also, can you tell me about your benefits and there costs.

I seen an advertisement for a road position and the ad indicated that you would start at top rate. What is top rate for a road driver and do you get paid for pre post fueling and do you work the dock at any of the terminals or do you just drive. Also, can you tell me about your benefits and there costs.
All road runs are a flat rate. I have a thread on here that give some concrete examples out of our Norwalk Ohio barn as of the beginning of this year. In the Midwest and most other areas road drivers do no dock work. We have lifetime bids so depending on the barn you're at it could be a long time to get a bid. Till then you float. We do not do laydowns or bag out. Unless you sign on as a team or a solo system driver all runs are out and back. Bennies are middle of the road, I was paying 40 bucks a week when I left. There is no pay for fueling, drop/hook, or anything other than breakdown pay after two hours

All road runs are a flat rate. I have a thread on here that give some concrete examples out of our Norwalk Ohio barn as of the beginning of this year. In the Midwest and most other areas road drivers do no dock work. We have lifetime bids so depending on the barn you're at it could be a long time to get a bid. Till then you float. We do not do laydowns or bag out. Unless you sign on as a team or a solo system driver all runs are out and back. Bennies are middle of the road, I was paying 40 bucks a week when I left. There is no pay for fueling, drop/hook, or anything other than breakdown pay after two hours

Not in California. All hourly.

How's that work for teams or drivers that cross state lines. Is it based on your domicile? So a California based team is always hourly?

Teams and system drivers are still flat rate. Just line drivers that return to their home domicile daily are hourly. I think that’s because most California line drivers never leave the state, except for the rare trip to Reno or Vegas.