XPO | Top teir pay raise

XCCX

TB Legend
Credits
What does everyone feel about Xpo giving pay raises to top teir only drivers ? I know Con-way did this at one time also but it's seems a little foolhardy in light of the current driver shortage and competition . What percentage at most terminals are top teir ? What do believe is the rational is for this ? Do you feel it's fair to driver in progression ? The cost of living goes up for everyone not just senior divers,so is it fair that they take the brunt of this cost savings?

What does everyone feel about Xpo giving pay raises to top teir only drivers ? I know Con-way did this at one time also but it's seems a little foolhardy in light of the current driver shortage and competition . What percentage at most terminals are top teir ? What do believe is the rational is for this ? Do you feel it's fair to driver in progression ? The cost of living goes up for everyone not just senior divers,so is it fair that they take the brunt of this cost savings?
Top tier only raises do nothing to attract new employees. It screams no corporate investment in new employees.

Driver turn over is high. Probably the logic. Put your time in to get to top rate, then you get the benefit.
Put your time in get the top rate exists everywhere. When things are going bad and our reputation seems to be worsening, you have to do something for someone to give it just a chance, like the huge sign on bonuses some companies give.
Myself, I'd personally rather see a better hourly rate than a sign on bonus. No one is quitting other LTL lines to work for xpo, but many are leaving here going elsewhere.

At other competing LTL's , the terminal manager has the discretion to offer the new driver a higher starting pay. XPO does not do this without a lot of bureaucratic bull. The manager's hands are tied.

XPO doesn't have the flexibility to offer a driver with 15 years experience in LTL to start halfway or all of the way through progression. This cost drivers.

Not sure but didn't they lower it to 3 years to top pay anyway. Used to be 5 years. FedEx is 3 years. Ups frt is 4 or 5 years and they start out around 16 or 17 an hour.

both union driving jobs I had only the top tier got the raise and when a give back was need it only effected to the new hires. The one company I worked for had a 3 tier contract. Hired before this date you get this, hired before this date you get this and that, and new hire you get none of those.

Upnorth , maybe you posted it somewhere already ( if so , apologies ) what were the Canadian raises for hourly and mileage?
Well... we don’t know. Lol! We were read the email that listed the raise amounts, and when we asked if that’s cdn or us funds, we got the deer in the headlights look. Still waiting for an answer.

So after our raise kicked in at least in my area there is only about a dollar or less difference in what we are making and the other carriers that pay more but most dont pay ot and we do, there are several that pay less. So what is the pay difference where everyone else is.