HURRYUPANDWAIT!

TB Lurker
Credits
Top Ten Things YRC Big Shots SAY

10. Synergize
9. Reorganize
8. This will be great for our numbers
7. Excessive Real Estate
6. Hey Did You See!! We were on the news yesterday!

5. Keep up the good work,your severance pay will be here next week.

4. What country club should we meet at this week.

3. Hey! do you want to take your new company car or the company JET.

2. Shut EM Down!

1. Do you Remember the name of that other trucking company? I know it was USF something...

What number was, "Thank you for the $2.8 million in bonuses. By the way, due to seasonal fluctuations in business it has become necessary to place you in a lay off status."

how about how to solve the driver shortage problem: Buy a good company tell everyone their doing poorly, shut them down, Hire the drivers in the other companys at 75% and save 25% in payroll alone, sell thier real estate, make more money. and make the displaced drivers fell the owe us for giving them jobs. Good answer mr Richie, now pass me the grey pupon mr zollars.

So...YRC wants Reddaway and Holland to return to a smaller footprint. I am having a hard time buying this "small footprint" concept. YRC does not know the meaning of small...right now they are using their size 20 boots to stomp all over the companies they purchased. I just think they are slowly eliminating the purchased LTL companies so Yellow/Roadway can pick up the additional freight and make their already large footprint even larger. And yes I agree...rehiring some of the former drivers at less wages...selling the real estate etc....they are saving millions in just those two areas. Then there is also YRC Logistics. :chairshot: YRC thinking... There is no "I" in "team." :nutkick:

Honestly... I hate to say it, but I think you are right on the money... 100% right.:1036316054:
So...YRC wants Reddaway and Holland to return to a smaller footprint. I am having a hard time buying this "small footprint" concept. YRC does not know the meaning of small...right now they are using their size 20 boots to stomp all over the companies they purchased. I just think they are slowly eliminating the purchased LTL companies so Yellow/Roadway can pick up the additional freight and make their already large footprint even larger. And yes I agree...rehiring some of the former drivers at less wages...selling the real estate etc....they are saving millions in just those two areas. Then there is also YRC Logistics. :chairshot: YRC thinking... There is no "I" in "team." :nutkick:

Top Ten Things YRC Big Shots SAY

10. Synergize
9. Reorganize
8. This will be great for our numbers
7. Excessive Real Estate
6. Hey Did You See!! We were on the news yesterday!

5. Keep up the good work,your severance pay will be here next week.

4. What country club should we meet at this week.

3. Hey! do you want to take your new company car or the company JET.

2. Shut EM Down!

1. Do you Remember the name of that other trucking company? I know it was USF something...

Do they use this one at Reddaway? This is Holland's favorite saying "It is what it is!" My question has always been "What is it?"

down in houston and south texas they took all our good accounts made us deliver all there crap frt. and frt. that's 100 miles+ out made us loose money to shut us down. Hope it don't happen to the rest of usf. well 26 yrs. down the drain. thanks yrc

There is only one big problem with this scenario. YRC paid 780 million for USF. They dont spend that kind of $$ just to give it all up by shutting down a once very profitable company.

I think they would if they could profit from it. For them to get into the regional stuff from purchasing an already established regional company, sounds good to me.

There is only one big problem with this scenario. YRC paid 780 million for USF. They dont spend that kind of $$ just to give it all up by shutting down a once very profitable company.

Actually it was 1.7 billion, but that's beside the point. I'm not sure what the scam is, but they save a lot of money in taxes when they shut companies down.

Do you really think they took that big of a loan out to buy USF, and didn't know exactly the poor performance of Dugan and Bestway, and have an exact plan as to what to do with it??????

Months before this purchase, the backroom deals were made, the plans laid out, and everything is still on schedule.

Actually it was 1.7 billion, but that's beside the point. I'm not sure what the scam is, but they save a lot of money in taxes when they shut companies down.

Do you really think they took that big of a loan out to buy USF, and didn't know exactly the poor performance of Dugan and Bestway, and have an exact plan as to what to do with it??????

Months before this purchase, the backroom deals were made, the plans laid out, and everything is still on schedule.

Sounds a little paranoid, but OK, and yes they took out a very good size loan to purchase USF. The note is held by deutsche bank. I was told 780million dollars.

Sounds a little paranoid, but OK, and yes they took out a very good size loan to purchase USF. The note is held by deutsche bank. I was told 780million dollars.
Yeah well, the old CF boys were called paranoid for years too, they don't sound so looney to me anymore. Turtle probably might have called me paranoid in the past too, ask him what line he's standing in now. Hell, I don't know where you're at, but around here, I'm surrounded with ex CF management. That'll make you paranoid

It is a lot of money spent to just shut them down.:smilie_132:

They make a lot of money on paper by shifting things around. It looks good to the stockholders, and secures their job for a little while, until it's time to institute some other gimmick.