Yellow | Torn Placards While Traveling in Michigan

zippersbs

TB Lurker
Credits
Just letting drivers know that, in Michigan if a flip placard rips (to show parcel placard) &/or flips on you when going down the road, it will cost you $500.00 - $600.00. I had a placard flip on me, on the ramp entering the scale house & was pulled around back & was giving a warning, but, he could've given me a $500.00 ticket he said. Another driver had the placard rip past the clips & was ticketed $600.00 & is fighting it in court. The MSP are looking for any reason to pull trucks over @ the scales here in Michigan. The officer told me, Homeland Security has given the authorization for 300 hours of overtime a month to check shipments crossing the border & they are stopping a lot of trucks just to check them out. MSP was issued a letter for stopping just "Canadian trucks" from the Prime Minister in Canada, He accused the MSP for "Profiling Canadian Carriers" so they are stopping anyone & everyone. Just a little heads up to everyone coming up here, I hate to see anyone get ticketed for doing their job.

follow the money trail

Another blow against freedom in the name of "national security" This is the new coverall catch phrase for any money making scheme the politicos dream up.

"Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security"
Ben Franklin

Just an FYI you can get a fine for a 1"x1" piece of placard showing so make sure they are scraped or flip with nothing showing..

You also must carry in your truck extra placards to replace one that have fallen off or blow off. This is a major hit in Pennsylvania. Did not know about it until I was pulled over for a torn placard. Seems like another money maker for the TAX coffers. Also New York will ticket you and you must appear in a mandatory court meeting for failure to keep your log book up to current status, This means log all stops and you must have recap filled out.

Boy when the economy suffers lets go after the truckers in this country.

I wrote the DOT and asked if it was a law that you must carry an extra placard in case one fell off.

There is no regulation requriring this messure. But the DOT put a footnote to the message
that it would be a good idea just in case one fell off