Yellow | Tornado barely misses Teamsters Local 391 building.

rdwy nc

TB Lurker
Credits
"F-2/F-3 tornado narrowly misses Teamster local #391, located in Colfax/Greensboro, N.C."
A strong tornado, packing winds of one hundred and three miles per hour, ripped through Colfax, North Carolina, on Thursday, May,8th,2008, at 11:30 P.M.
The tornado uprooted century old trees, damaged homes, and damaged power lines.
The teamsters local union #391 building was spared any damage luckily. The tornado passed within a quarter mile of the teamsters local #391 building.
Two semi-trucks were blown off I-40 during the tornado in Colfax, N,C. One fatality was recorded in the area, when a small truck was blown over by the tornado.
The #391 local is without power on Friday, May, 9th, 2008., and is closed until police let people or businesses back into the area to assess the damage.
Sincerely, Mike B., Roadway dockworker at Terminal #671. 19 year teamster.

"F-2/F-3 tornado narrowly misses Teamster local #391, located in Colfax/Greensboro, N.C."
A strong tornado, packing winds of one hundred and three miles per hour, ripped through Colfax, North Carolina, on Thursday, May,8th,2008, at 11:30 P.M.
The teamsters local union #391 building was spared any damage luckily. The tornado passed within a quarter mile of the teamsters local #391 building.
Two semi-trucks were blown off I-40 during the tornado in Colfax, N,C. One fatality was recorded in the area, when a small truck was blown over by the tornado.
The #391 local is without power on Friday, May, 9th, 2008., and is closed until police let people or businesses back into the area to assess the damage.

Good to know everything is ok, but I did hear a rumor that Rdwy has developed a new tornado machine that was designed to take out only Teamsters and their locals as a way of busting the union and bringing their 4 hour casuals in. So, it looks as if they just missed with this first go around.....

tornado damage

rdwy nc, please let me correct your reporting..... our local union hall #391 sustained major damage as all the windows in the meeting room were blown in, a section of the roof was torn off, and major interior damage.....you should have received an email from officials moving the location of Sat. meeting to downtown Greensboro...... That whole area around Sandy Ridge was hit really hard.....extensive damage to buildings, cars and property....a couple of FED EX planes blown off the runway at PTI airport.....God Bless to all those working through the damage....G-man

here is a pic about 100 yards from 391
dscf0380mx5.jpg

Yea, the place is really tore up and water damaged. Like Jack states in the video, the building can be rebuilt, we're lucky no one was hurt. DS.
Video

Dismiss this article.

Please dismiss this article, since I received the wrong info. from the police dept. concerning this incident. Forward to new article I wrote on the tornado that hit teamster local hall 391. Thanks, rdwy nc