Tornado Conditions Arkansas Friday post Midnight CST

1984Sideways

Honk!
Credits
I am following a cluster that has a history of Tornados. Currently it's near or above Russelville along I-40.

However SPC just posted a Mesoscale discussion indicating that Little Rock and East on I40 and two rows worth of counties from Conway to about Ocela will be posted for a Tornado watch when the front currently coming out of Oklahoma these last few hours organizes and strengthens to feed a group of new tornados expected to move eastward towards Memphis later this morning.

I myself may not be online shortly having to shut down if there are in fact tornadoes about. Two links I offer. First is Storm Prediction Center. They update constantly in storm days particularly near Real time from Norman Oklahoma. I find them more timely and better detailed information than you get from a TV bobble head in front of a map delivering a watered down version.

The SPC link for this particular storm situation will change later in time. The main site can be googled any time under SPC.

The second link is a larger link based on Little Rock Arkansas. This is the operational Radar page for our W88 Radar at the Airbase near Little Rock for NWS. The usual radar pages online do not contain or is useable in certain situations and this was the radar page to follow once you understand the situation. You can change the location to anywhere in the USA you wish and gain or overload yourself in weather in real time.

I consider weather awareness is a vital part of risk management in trucking and if I was on the road near central or eastern Arkansas by sunrise I would have found a place to get dinner and a rest until this system blows through into the deep south for the next couple of days. No need to get caught in a tornado on I-40 and lose everything. We have dozens of them a year.