TForce | Total Compensation

FRTCHUCKER

TB Regular
Credits
I needed to make this thread so members can get a Big picture type view of exactly what the company is providing when it comes to Total compensation in this Contract. The Militant NO voters would have you believe that the Raise "does not keep up with inflation" This is a False statement and should be taken apart with Fact and logic. The following numbers are going reflect top scale. P&D wages at UPSF.
UPSF top scale-$28.65
General wage increase for 2019 contract $2.20 over 5 yrs = .44cents per yr = 1.5% per yr
UPSF Teamcare health benefits premiums have gone up 7% for 2019
our cost for health benefits are the Same as the last contract $0 for plan B which is 2 times better health coverage than the top plan at FedxF.
The UPSF pension will rise from $105 to $115 by the end of this contract that roughly equals a 5% yearly increase.
The punching Dock language added in the LFBO is very difficult to quantify a percentage because there is no average for how much a driver punched dock over the year. so that number is left out .But realize that is a huge number for those at the lower seniority ranks.
So here is the Raw numbers
UPSF has a total compensation package amounting to roughly $37.00 per hour.
This Contract contains a minimum of 13.5 % Raise per year TOTAL COMPENSATION.
Our closest competitor Fedex Freight has a current Total Compensation of Roughly $31.00 per hr.
That means in beginning of this contract we are making $6.00 per hr more in TOTAL COMPENSATION than our closest Competitors. The argument against the proposal is purely Emotion. Do the math yourself and your numbers should be within $1.00 of mine in any case. I was a No vote supporter on the first round. We were given a FBLO .The choice is pretty clear now to someone who can engage in critical thought and has developed cognitive /reasoning skills. Is it Really worth Burning the bitch down when you are the highest compensated in your industry?. Live to Fight another day Folks.
I Recommend a Yes Vote.

I needed to make this thread so members can get a Big picture type view of exactly what the company is providing when it comes to Total compensation in this Contract. The Militant NO voters would have you believe that the Raise "does not keep up with inflation" This is a False statement and should be taken apart with Fact and logic. The following numbers are going reflect top scale. P&D wages at UPSF.
UPSF top scale-$28.65
General wage increase for 2019 contract $2.20 over 5 yrs = .44cents per yr = 1.5% per yr
our cost for health benefits are the Same as the last contract $0 for plan B which is 2 times better health coverage than the top plan at FedxF.
The UPSF pension will rise from $105 to $115 by the end of this contract that roughly equals a 5% yearly increase.
The punching Dock language added in the LFBO is very difficult to quantify a percentage because there is no average for how much a driver punched dock over the year. so that number is left out .But realize that is a huge number for those at the lower seniority ranks.
Our closest competitor Fedex Freight has a current Total Compensation of Roughly $31.00 per hr.
That means in beginning of this contract we are making $6.00 per hr more in TOTAL COMPENSATION than our closest Competitors. The argument against the proposal is purely Emotion. Do the math yourself and your numbers should be within $1.00 of mine in any case. I was a No vote supporter on the first round. We were given a FBLO .The choice is pretty clear now to someone who can engage in critical thought and has developed cognitive /reasoning skills. Is it Really worth Burning the bitch down when you are the highest compensated in your industry?. Live to Fight another day Folks.
I Recommend a Yes Vote.

The contract is going to pass as it did in 2013. Only the vocal minority is beating the strike drums. The vast majority want nothing to do with a strike, and even less are willing to poke the bear(ups) any longer. They see where that got them. And almost no one has any confidence in the IBT.

UPSF top scale-$28.65
I Recommend a Yes Vote.

Now do your analysis and focus on the road driver raises, not just P&D. To not include how this impacts road driver wages does not show the complete picture. When you do you’ll see that the past five years showed road drivers receiving an annual mileage increase of .0125 per mile. Under the new contract that raise is only .0025 per mile. That’s going backwards and doesn’t keep pace with inflation. Voters need to understand road drivers will be negatively impacted if this passes.

You also base your pension increase numbers on the new flat rate pension. Yes, this is an increase, but it is a far cry from the old formula. Newer drivers have been shafted under this new system and will see a nearly 50% decrease in the pension they receive on a monthly basis as compared to older drivers still under the old pension formula.

This is more than being about “total compensation.” UPS and the IBT like to sell it to you that way because it hides the bad parts and makes everything look great when it isn’t. That’s all the bean counters sitting behind a desk and crunching the financials see all day. But it doesn’t take into account how the individual components of compensation impact workers on the ground.

UPS is selling you the public relations version of how great everything is for employees. The employees that are living it paycheck to paycheck know the facts. VOTE NO!

Im sorry but a Line driver pulling down $110-$125K per year with Top benefits is making nearly the same Percentage of total compensation that a top scale P&D driver is. Dock workers Same= percentage. Your argument is not based in Real numbers it is a Emotional knee jerk Reaction to what you FEEL you are Entitled to. I guess your a proponent of the PROGRESSIVE tax rate that has ruined our country also? Redistribution of wealth? Because that is exactly the type of Victim mentality that I am seeing in the Teamster community.

If you would like to make $35 per hr or .75 cpm by the end of this contract then you should have lobbied the IBT to ask the company to Take the Company paid Health plan OFF the table then we the employees would be responsible to pay for 20-25% of that cost through payroll deductions. That would amount to roughly $500 per month for a Family $375 for employee + spouse and $185 for employee only. You see we have higher Coverage than our non union competition and it is Real easy to see the Value once you stop the Emotional nonsense and Run the numbers.

Im sorry but a Line driver pulling down $110-$125K per year with Top benefits is making nearly the same Percentage of total compensation that a top scale P&D driver is. Dock workers Same= percentage. Your argument is not based in Real numbers it is a Emotional knee jerk Reaction to what you FEEL you are Entitled to. I guess your a proponent of the PROGRESSIVE tax rate that has ruined our country also? Redistribution of wealth? Because that is exactly the type of Victim mentality that I am seeing in the Teamster community.
My numbers are real. Quit trying to muddy the waters with your point of view. Road driver wages are not keeping pace with inflation. You can keep pushing that lie, but it’s not true.

If you would like to make $35 per hr or .75 cpm by the end of this contract then you should have lobbied the IBT to ask the company to Take the Company paid Health plan OFF the table then we the employees would be responsible to pay for 20-25% of that cost through payroll deductions. That would amount to roughly $500 per month for a Family $375 for employee + spouse and $185 for employee only. You see we have higher Coverage than our non union competition and it is Real easy to see the Value once you stop the Emotional nonsense and Run the numbers.
You’re real good at drawing attention away from the real issue. The money is there to give a respectable raise above the rate of inflation. You just want this to be about total compensation and health benefits. Try again.

Now do your analysis and focus on the road driver raises, not just P&D. To not include how this impacts road driver wages does not show the complete picture. When you do you’ll see that the past five years showed road drivers receiving an annual mileage increase of .0125 per mile. Under the new contract that raise is only .0025 per mile. That’s going backwards and doesn’t keep pace with inflation. Voters need to understand road drivers will be negatively impacted if this passes.

You also base your pension increase numbers on the new flat rate pension. Yes, this is an increase, but it is a far cry from the old formula. Newer drivers have been shafted under this new system and will see a nearly 50% decrease in the pension they receive on a monthly basis as compared to older drivers still under the old pension formula.

This is more than being about “total compensation.” UPS and the IBT like to sell it to you that way because it hides the bad parts and makes everything look great when it isn’t. That’s all the bean counters sitting behind a desk and crunching the financials see all day. But it doesn’t take into account how the individual components of compensation impact workers on the ground.

UPS is selling you the public relations version of how great everything is for employees. The employees that are living it paycheck to paycheck know the facts. VOTE NO!

Where are you going to go and make the money you do now? That's what i figured.
Don’t be so quick to figure. You don’t know my resume and work experience. As a truck driver probably nowhere. Most likely a little less. If I go back into the white collar world where I came from it’s definitely possible for me to make the same or more. Look, I have my CDL and a college degree. I’ve been in this situation before and I’m optimistic not fatalistic.

You’re real good at drawing attention away from the real issue. The money is there to give a respectable raise above the rate of inflation. You just want this to be about total compensation and health benefits. Try again.

The real issue is you want to close the company and destroy 10000 lives.

We got one, our medical costs have not gone up in ten years. That is worth about $400-600 a month.
We got it pretty dang good! So all be careful you don't realize what you got till it's gone....thats to all yes and no voter's..i think this is no bluff but if it is? Who can afford to loose you are ups?

You guys are acting like Benefits are not part of your hourly wages. Why? Because UPS owes you something ? Most Folks that work at UPSF have Family's still dependent on Dads Work place Health plan. The Health care plan has a REAL Monetary Value that goes well beyond our Top of the industry pay. If you cannot bring yourself to Recognize this then you are ignorant to Reality.
I'm getting Really Tired of the Name calling from those who are NO Vote supporters. They act just like the Left wing of politics. If you have an opposing viewpoint they try to shut you down by name calling and drone on and on with rhetoric. Good luck on the vote guys I hope it goes well for all of our sakes.