ODFL | Tractor housekeeping

We have a particular pecking order and I am not even sure how or why it works Though drivers that are a complete slacker or real accident prone you are pretty low on the chain. and no tractor is 100% assigned. But if it just sits there you know why without having to get into it. So I just take someone elses assigned tractor if I have to.

in tupelo we get our loaners from mfs they are the most nasty things you ever got in. i think most of the drivers there thinks the floor board is a garbage dumpster. steering wheels are so dirty you have to wast hands everytime you get out. it dosnt matter if its 1 year old or ten, all in the same shape.

I think they sould be smokeing and non smokeing trucks.:bananalama:

Either that or start assigning trucks to specific drivers.

I'm sure it cant be that hard for TM's to know who is driving what trucks now. Just start inspecting them and make those responsible clean up their own mess.

Uh Hum,I thought they invented those disifecting wipes for me to use after a slob has been in the truck.

Wipes work great some of the time. Im talking about the ones that need the inside sprayed out with a high pressure sprayer. Better yet have someone hold the slob accountable and dock pay for abuse of equipment.

Wipes work great some of the time. Im talking about the ones that need the inside sprayed out with a high pressure sprayer. Better yet have someone hold the slob accountable and dock pay for abuse of equipment.

Boy you hit the nail on that one.I have always looked at other drivers vehicles in the lot and if their nasty chances are the driver is too.I would be terrified to go to their homes after I have got a truck from the ready line that some nasty buzzard just wollard out of,hell i have looked in some and just closed the door and went to the next one.

Boy you hit the nail on that one.I have always looked at other drivers vehicles in the lot and if their nasty chances are the driver is too.I would be terrified to go to their homes after I have got a truck from the ready line that some nasty buzzard just wollard out of,hell i have looked in some and just closed the door and went to the next one.

You need to get with your line haul super or t/m.This is something that should not be a problem fixing,if you go to the right man.They can push a button and see who drove it last.Then they can get with the man and straighten the problem out.They don't have much of a choice,O.D.wants those tractors clean and ready to run.

while that truck is sitting on the inspection lane they should open both doors and take a look at it and not let the driver leave the service lane until its cleaned out I asked the t/m about that one time and he just blew it off , but what do you expect from a little s.o.b " son of buddy"

that would be nice but only gbo has a service lane with a mech to check truck everyone else has cut it out atl. still does it sometimes but not often asked mrt about it being cut out was told not enough manpower:chairshot:

broken record

You need to get with your line haul super or t/m.This is something that should not be a problem fixing,if you go to the right man.They can push a button and see who drove it last.Then they can get with the man and straighten the problem out.They don't have much of a choice,O.D.wants those tractors clean and ready to run.
Jim,this tractor filthy stuff is an on going problem.They crack down on it for a while then it's back to the same old grind.I'm just tired of bi***en about it so I deal with it.Some things are not going to change.It seems they crack down for a while to apease drivers but I feel they really don't care cause their not driving those trucks.Maybe if they "had" to clean every car they got into maybe they would see the light?Tractor assignment would be the solution for the drivers that like to keep their equipment looking nice but they only assign trucks to the runs and not the drivers.Not enough equipment to let every driver have their own truck,which I do understand.I have suggested that they could have an incentive plan for drivers that have a million miles safe driving to have an assigned truck but again was told "not enough trucks".Smaller terminals do let their drivers have assigned trucks,but I see how that works too.There are advantages of running out of a big terminal as well as a small one.