ODFL | tractor shuffle

sal manila

TB Lurker
Credits
was told today by my tm that im losing my 05 because 04 and up will be in the linehaul pool being registered 80000 and the 03 and older will be city 50000.we have a couple of extra 05s as i have one because 1 i volume heavy 2 i still line haul at least once a week. so as im told we will now have just enough newer tractors for our steady linehaul guys and thats that. mabey this is good for a big barn but we are a mom and pop operation.no more stuffing that 53' and forget about that set w/speed service that needs to get out asap.not with a 50k tractor.this shuffle is starting next week and will be done by months end.

was told today by my tm that im losing my 05 because 04 and up will be in the linehaul pool being registered 80000 and the 03 and older will be city 50000.we have a couple of extra 05s as i have one because 1 i volume heavy 2 i still line haul at least once a week. so as im told we will now have just enough newer tractors for our steady linehaul guys and thats that. maybe this is good for a big barn but we are a mom and pop operation.no more stuffing that 53' and forget about that set w/speed service that needs to get out asap.not with a 50k tractor.this shuffle is starting next week and will be done by months end.

Oh my god thats horrible. Ya should have drove some of those 93s I use to take on a 600 mile linehaul trip at 62 mph. They were all spring ride and believe me you were hammer down all the time. It was really cool when the freightliners with the air ride cab came out they allowed me to look at those. Never drove one. By than I had a extended cab Volvo it was a lot better than the old cramped ones. Wow I do not think it was till 98 that I finally got a air ride suspension freightliner that did 64 MPH. Anyway those trucks are a lot better than many I see a lot of other LTL competitors use. I use to see GI use a 50000 pound light duty 6 speed city tractor on a 400 mile linehaul run and the scales never took any notice. Good luck your a outlaw now.

If its green and white drive it

Dang shuffle, we used to have some real junk here...57 mph and that's all we had..the guys today have the best of the best as far as LTL goes...heck our worst is better than used to be best....You guys have to understand this is a freight company and not a luxery truck load carrier...and its your job and mine to get the job done and it has to be done in the company's interest first, so we can continue to get those good paychecks....so if it is speed service it is yours and my job to get it there..come on use your head...you don't want to pentalize the company because you can't have it your way do you...this is the hand that feeds us.

If you're not putting on over 150 miles a day during your p/d run, there's no need to have a fancy new truck. One guy around here does only 30 miles a day and demanded to upgrade from a 05' to an 07' because he was too lazy to clean his mess in the 05'.

Yeah don't give up your work you earned it drive those trucks just ask them to pay the fines. There probably wont be any. Imagine what it was like to drive a truck when this company was founded. In the end they will appreciate it.

i still miss the 94 Intl spring ride 62 mph i drove for 5 years.my p&d run averages 200 mile a day.i drove an 04 century for 3 months and now have a 97 mack.as Sparky says it green and white i drive it and collect my paycheck at the end of the week.What we need badly in the company based on what i read and see here is ,mgmt with a backbone to tell the people what needs done and not treat the winers like they can have anything they want.In your next meeting raise your hand and ask questions,even if you don't get a good answer.By raising your hand it may encourage others to do so.

was told today by my tm that im losing my 05 because 04 and up will be in the linehaul pool being registered 80000 and the 03 and older will be city 50000.we have a couple of extra 05s as i have one because 1 i volume heavy 2 i still line haul at least once a week. so as im told we will now have just enough newer tractors for our steady linehaul guys and thats that. mabey this is good for a big barn but we are a mom and pop operation.no more stuffing that 53' and forget about that set w/speed service that needs to get out asap.not with a 50k tractor.this shuffle is starting next week and will be done by months end.

yeah thas crazy but i heard u get to keep your truck down the shore or sumthin right?

i think some of you are missing my point i dont give a rats a** what i drive the point is that when they wanted me to come off steady linehaul to 2am p&d start my 2 volume deliveries and p/u would be heavy.also they wanted someone to be flexible for at least once a week to linehaul.for our barn it was a good fit now corperate wants these trucks for linehaul only.cant do what i was doing in a 50k tractor.less bills in that 53' is less revenue.

note to dirty rice,no i dont have the truck @ home

Over here in the MW most of the scales dont even look at the tags. The city DOT sure has no idea what the rules are. I could get away with hauling over on the tags indefinitly. I would just mention it to the TM and suggest that I would not feel responsible for the fines.

I still drive a 99,so just drive the truck.If you get a few tickits they will find you another rig.We have both and have had both for a couple of years.

At my terminal what pisses me off is when i get there at 2 am sometimes all thats left is the old freightliners and then i go look around the spotters are using the newer freightliners.

At my terminal what pisses me off is when i get there at 2 am sometimes all thats left is the old freightliners and then i go look around the spotters are using the newer freightliners.

They do that here to the buggy breaks down or they need a extra spotter its OK and they do go grab the newest truck they can find. Some cant even drive a stick those guys just drive around in 4th and reverse.

Call Buddy M., in Thomasville, and he will take care of this situation.

they reg. city trucks to 50000 because it saves them money on road use tax until the truck gets a overwieght then they have to pay back tax on the hole year gess it still saves them money thow

or maybe if your yard dog has mirrors like ours it is so you can see when backing up.ours vibrate so much it is a wonder that they get it to the dock at night.

I'm still driving 'ol faithful 2001 model...had it when i was running 300+ a day and now with our smaller coverage area in TYT only run about 150 a day! It'll kick it up to 68 and runs with the best of 'em! It's still rated at 80,000 although they were going to change it to 50,000 a few months back! I've been offered a newer truck but at least I know "my" truck will be there in the morning so I stick with it!

I'm still driving 'ol faithful 2001 model...had it when i was running 300+ a day and now with our smaller coverage area in TYT only run about 150 a day! It'll kick it up to 68 and runs with the best of 'em! It's still rated at 80,000 although they were going to change it to 50,000 a few months back! I've been offered a newer truck but at least I know "my" truck will be there in the morning so I stick with it!

I here you dawaynem,nobody drives my 99 so I can keep it reasonabliy clean.At least I can see out the windows.