TForce | Tractor trailer rolls over, spills colored ink on road

Glade to hear no one was injured. I can't believe a supervisor would tell someone to load totes down the center like that without blocking them in. Thanks for the information and if you don't mind what was the origin of this trailer?

Yea well this supervisor is a complete idiot. I work with Bokra and the female dockworker who loaded the trailer. Its all about how fast they can get the trailers closed down. Thats why working the inbound dock sucks, every load is dumped.

Diesel Smoke said:
Yea well this supervisor is a complete idiot. I work with Bokra and the female dockworker who loaded the trailer. Its all about how fast they can get the trailers closed down. Thats why working the inbound dock sucks, every load is dumped.

Most of them under pressure don't care just want to get it done and on to the next task.

Most of them under pressure don't care just want to get it done and on to the next task.

I understand that, but you cant just ignore your responsibilities to make the numbers look good. They have 4 supervisors on that shift (88 door terminal), and this guy in particular basically walks around writing red cards all night. They need to get their priorities in order.

They still have those cards. Those were a joke.

Yeah, I have a whole collection of them.

They are extremely stupid. Now they have supervisors sometimes hiding behind the propane tanks in the yard, watching drivers go by to see if they have their seatbelts on, flashers on etc.

Diesel Smoke said:
Yeah, I have a whole collection of them.

They are extremely stupid. Now they have supervisors sometimes hiding behind the propane tanks in the yard, watching drivers go by to see if they have their seatbelts on, flashers on etc.

It never got that bad where I was located. I got one for not having a safety vest while on the dock. I laughed at. Do you know there is actually a spreadsheet that supervisor have to put in the amount of cards they gave out and to who.

It never got that bad where I was located. I got one for not having a safety vest while on the dock. I laughed at. Do you know there is actually a spreadsheet that supervisor have to put in the amount of cards they gave out and to who.

Ive always heard that supervisors had quotas on how many red cards they had to give out in a week. Sounds like a real productive thing to do.

You have to wear safety vests on the dock in CMS?

Diesel Smoke said:
Ive always heard that supervisors had quotas on how many red cards they had to give out in a week. Sounds like a real productive thing to do.

You have to wear safety vests on the dock in CMS?

They did before with all the new hires. I had to wear because I was a clerk but started off on the dock. I'm not longer with upsf I found a full time job with another carrier. I think in the future that I would like to come back as a driver one day.

This rollover is a perfect example why freight and package operations are like night and day.

The similarities are very slim,however the differences are tremendous.
Safety is the biggest in my opinion,a parcel guy can pull into very tight places,jump,and run his little package into a man door.
We who are or were heavy freight haulers, certainly know heavy freight in most cases needs a dock,I don't have to make a list,we all know the rest of the story.
The bottom line is parcel can operate a lot faster than freight,and if anyone thinks not,look at the differences in claims when something goes wrong on either side,such as this crash for an example.

Look at the claim coming from the power plant in japan, the mother of all hazmat incidents. You dont know till you know! They should have sent the stupidvisor out with a pail and mop to clean up that mess!!!!!!!!!!

What the heck kind of a response to this thread topic is the one you just posted kevin53?
Do me and everyone else a favor,think about the relevance of what you want posted to the topic before you start typing.
Thank you for your understanding.

I could say plenty about your comments to compare Japans tragedy to any freight claim,but I won't.

Apostolic said:
This rollover is a perfect example why freight and package operations are like night and day.

The similarities are very slim,however the differences are tremendous.
Safety is the biggest in my opinion,a parcel guy can pull into very tight places,jump,and run his little package into a man door.
We who are or were heavy freight haulers, certainly know heavy freight in most cases needs a dock,I don't have to make a list,we all know the rest of the story.
The bottom line is parcel can operate a lot faster than freight,and if anyone thinks not,look at the differences in claims when something goes wrong on either side,such as this crash for an example.

Never thought of it that way. Parcel trying to make freight as efficient as package. But it's not goin to happen. Maybe they should look at how much weight each driver delivers and picks up compared to that of a parcel driver.