Tractor-trailers overturn on I-287, I-84 in NY

Next time that fool will slow down on the ramps from 684 to 84 East it is tight and off camber
Well good thing no one was next to him

The ramp from northbound I684 to westbound I84 is no prize either. The only one you can take at a reasonable speed is eastbound I84 to southbound I684.

They used to have two of those a week on that ramp. I noticed they redid the ramp again and they've taken down the electronic speed sign that let you know what your speed is. I've been wondering since April 1 when I was going to see a roll over, it took 8 weeks, a big improvement, but still unacceptable.
All first timers from out of the area. They don't believe the 35 limit, and get burned by the right hand button hook at the bottom. They flop over and slide right across to the median blocking both lanes.

Both ends of I-684 have treacherous ramps, that plus the road surface itself makes it the worst part of my trip.

They used to have two of those a week on that ramp. I noticed they redid the ramp again and they've taken down the electronic speed sign that let you know what your speed is. I've been wondering since April 1 when I was going to see a roll over, it took 8 weeks, a big improvement, but still unacceptable.
All first timers from out of the area. They don't believe the 35 limit, and get burned by the right hand button hook at the bottom. They flop over and slide right across to the median blocking both lanes.

Both ends of I-684 have treacherous ramps, that plus the road surface itself makes it the worst part of my trip.

I put some blame on the engineers who designed these exit ramps. You run along an Interstate and get lulled into a sense of security so to speak about acceptable speeds on those roads. Then you hit a ramp that is much tighter than it should be for the type highway it's used on. The junction of I80 and the NJ Turnpike Extension is another example of unbelievably poor design. I80 east going to Turnpike south is just much too tight and Turnpike north to I80 west (the infamous "tanker turn") is a decreasing radius curve, a real trap to the unwary. Just plain dumb design.

Forgot to mention another idiotic design - the moronically designed intersection of I287, Route 17 and the Thruway in Mahwah. Northbound traffic on I287 typically wants to go onto the Thruway southbound and northbound Route 17 traffic typically wants to go north on the Thruway. So why didn't the idiots put in an overpass on northbound I287 so it merged with northbound Route 17 from the right side instead of creating the idiotic jumble of traffic all trying to cross over each other in a very short stretch there. Massively dumb design for sure.

I put some blame on the engineers who designed these exit ramps. You run along an Interstate and get lulled into a sense of security so to speak about acceptable speeds on those roads. Then you hit a ramp that is much tighter than it should be for the type highway it's used on. The junction of I80 and the NJ Turnpike Extension is another example of unbelievably poor design. I80 east going to Turnpike south is just much too tight and Turnpike north to I80 west (the infamous "tanker turn") is a decreasing radius curve, a real trap to the unwary. Just plain dumb design.

Agreed, they will tell you it's because land is at a premium and the shorter the less costly. Still no excuse for off camber ramps. When I come up to a ramp I've never used before, I go 5 under the posted speed just to be sure.

And let's be honest here, ear buds, flip flops, able to take the CDL Test in 60 different languages, just exasperates the problem further. Yesterday I couldn't spell Truck Driver......TODAY I IS ONE.

I worked 4 days this past week and saw or read about 6 truck wrecks all on dry road, 4 in daylight.
Just in the 586 miles I cover. That's Unacceptable!

Forgot to mention another idiotic design - the moronically designed intersection of I287, Route 17 and the Thruway in Mahwah. Northbound traffic on I287 typically wants to go onto the Thruway southbound and northbound Route 17 traffic typically wants to go north on the Thruway. So why didn't the idiots put in an overpass on northbound I287 so it merged with northbound Route 17 from the right side instead of creating the idiotic jumble of traffic all trying to cross over each other in a very short stretch there. Massively dumb design for sure.
Again agreed, MONEY ! How about Wed. night when the Contractor severed the Gas Line there!
I had to run up to 17W in Harriman to 17m and onto I-84W at exit 3, 640 miles when I hit the drop pad.

Again agreed, MONEY ! How about Wed. night when the Contractor severed the Gas Line there!
I had to run up to 17W in Harriman to 17m and onto I-84W at exit 3, 640 miles when I hit the drop pad.
I heard that one on the radio before leaving Newark. With the poor design and all the work getting done there for a long time, you think they could do something to fix it. I travel there around 11-12 at night and traffic is light. I imagine it is a different story during the day.

I heard that one on the radio before leaving Newark. With the poor design and all the work getting done there for a long time, you think they could do something to fix it. I travel there around 11-12 at night and traffic is light. I imagine it is a different story during the day.
Going to CT. I'm there between 20:15-20:45. Coming back to Pa. 01:15-01:45. No problem the last 8 weeks until that Contractor snafu. Before I-287 was completed it wasn't a big deal, but as Triplex pointed out, they should have gone up and over, they did it the least expensive way .