ODFL | Traded my 06' for an 04' Century.

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
This Century I just started putzing around in hauls butt. It has auto mirrors, sliding 5th, hi/lo stage jakes, traction equalizer and doesn't drink a gallon of oil per 900 miles. This thing was transfered over to my terminal the other week and while my Columbia was in the shop, I decided to take it for a spin and never got out. What's the size of these older Cats in the Centuries? Were most built with the same specs? With only 367k, she's barely broken in. Good truck for L/H & long P/D routes.

Hold on to it cause you probably will never get one like it again. Tell everyone at you terminal that its junk.

it sounds completely different than the ones i see here in the east.auto mirrors,sliding fifth wheel ,to many thing to break.do the mirrors vibrate like the other freightliners.it must be a west only truck

Mirrors are solid, very smooth and powerful truck. I dont believe this one came from UW because I've seen it before at our terminal a few years ago along with 3 others waiting to be put into service at new terminal opening up 300 miles away. The only flaw is the faded green paint.

the sliding 5th wheel sounds like it was a truck set up for triples talked to a mech in slc about these trucks they have same motor as all the rest but the horsepower is not cut back that 04 could be runing up to 400 horses instead of 335 would definitly hold on to it :1036316054:

HERE IS WHAT I DRIVE OUT HERE IN NORTH CAROLINA. IT DOESN'T HAVE ALL THE EXTRA STUFF BUT IT IS A GOOD PULLING TRUCK AND DRIVES JUST AS GOOD!!!! THAT PIC WAS TOOK GVL SC 3 WEEKS AGO AFTER I HOOK A SET!!

:smilie_132: KEVIN

1-GREENVILLESC1-28-07-1.jpg

Could have came from UW. They had some good equipment.

UW never had new equipment, they bought their equipment used,all their trucks where pre-2003. The only equipment they did purchase were the Sterlings right before OD bought them. UW trucks are all white w/UW on the doors-in red. Of course now, they have OD on the door for the few that remain. I know you say they had some good equipment, but having worked for them, most of the trucks were falling apart, had over 500,000 miles and rode rough(mainly due to most of them being springride)

Guess it was the Sterlings. I seen one that a PAR driver had at the fuel island in KCY. It was a twin screw Sterling painted OD Green and White he said it came from UW.

Guess it was the Sterlings. I seen one that a PAR driver had at the fuel island in KCY. It was a twin screw Sterling painted OD Green and White he said it came from UW.

od bout several sterling twin screws and a few single axles in 2006 they are scatered across the country they have 500 detroit engines acording to mrt shop our term has two drivers say they pull great but the ride sucks

od bout several sterling twin screws and a few single axles in 2006 they are scatered across the country they have 500 detroit engines acording to mrt shop our term has two drivers say they pull great but the ride sucks

The Sterlings came from UW, they were in the process of being built when OD purchased UW. At the time, I don't think OD could pull out from the order, so they had to accept them. Once the Sterlings life is over, OD won't purhase any more.