FedEx Freight | Tragedy

http://www.kusi.com/story/36459686/fedex-driver-killed-after-collision-on-sr-905-in-otay-mesa

This was in San Diego tuesday afternoon. An Express driver was minding his own business, driving 55 in a road tractor with a 28 footer, when a nut job tried to pass him on the paved shoulder of the highway. The car was flying and hit his tractor and shoved it across traffic lanes and down an embankment, flipping it over and killing the driver instantly. He was 55, and we're told he was a married Father and Grand Father.

The woman driving the car is reportedly facing the following:

1 count Felony Vehicular Manslaughter. 1 count Felony Reckless driving. 4 Counts Felony Child endangerment.

Her husband was in the passenger seat with a 2 month old baby in his arms, and 3 children under 6 were in the backseat, none of the 4 children were in safety seats. Local media reports the husband is also facing charges for child endangerment.

The District Attorney is quoted as saying that "25 to Life has a nice ring to it". Hope they lock up the driver of the car and throw away the key.

Horrible, just horrible.

http://www.kusi.com/story/36459686/fedex-driver-killed-after-collision-on-sr-905-in-otay-mesa

This was in San Diego tuesday afternoon. An Express driver was minding his own business, driving 55 in a road tractor with a 28 footer, when a nut job tried to pass him on the paved shoulder of the highway. The car was flying and hit his tractor and shoved it across traffic lanes and down an embankment, flipping it over and killing the driver instantly. He was 55, and we're told he was a married Father and Grand Father.

1 count Felony Vehicular Manslaughter. 1 count Felony Reckless driving. 4 Counts Felony Child endangerment.

Her husband was in the passenger seat with a 2 month old baby in his arms, and 3 children under 6 were in the backseat, none of the 4 children were in safety seats. Local media reports the husband is also facing charges for child endangerment.

The District Attorney is quoted as saying that "25 to Life has a nice ring to it". Hope they lock up the driver of the car and throw away the key.

Horrible, just horrible.
What a lunatic! It never ceases to amaze me the unbelievably stupid things people will do on the road.

If I had lost my love in senseless wreck like that, I would let the woman, her attorney & the presiding judge thru a third party know that you give her a light sentence upon conviction, and my new mission in life would be to make them wish they had died as a child. Also, I would fund the commissary account of of any inmate who would make the life of the person who killed my love a living hell. And if for some reason a not guilty verdict, well ya all can figure it out. von.

Horrible, just horrible.
Given the location, any guesses on her immigration status?

She's reportedly an american citizen, who's playing the race card and the poverty card. "I can't afford 4 child car seats, or a car big enough for them". Oh well, when she gets out of jail, she'll likely be a great grandmother....
2 options with this 'American citizen'. Lock her up, or stand he up against a wall, Either one works for me.