Averitt | Trailer PM

Tarheelfalcon

TB Lurker
Credits
What is the deal with the landing gear on trailers,are they getting over looked during service.Also im tired of hooking up to a load and finding a flat.Happens about two to three times a week.I guess drivers don't do post trips anymore.

I just wish the Freightliner drivers would drop them with a little consideration for Volvo drivers.

I wish others would follow your example of where the legs need to stop before they hit the ground !

I wish others would follow your example of where the legs need to stop before they hit the ground !
The rule of thumb that I follow no matter the tractor (and these little cornbinder city trucks are higher than the Freightliners) is when the landing gear hits the ground, back it off 3 complete turns.

As for the service of the landing gears, on PM's; you know what constitutes a PM on a trailer don't you? Get a sticker, punch a hole in the month/year and stick it on the trailer. There's your annual inspection.

I've also seen my share of landing gears that are hard to roll up. Prime cause of this is drivers pulling the trailers out of a tight spot because of being too lazy to try and roll them up causing binding of the landing gear, plain and simple.

I just wish the Freightliner drivers would drop them with a little consideration for Volvo drivers.
When will you have your VOlvo yanked out of your cold hands and your butt plopped down in a beautifully appointed Freightliner like the rest of us?

Better yet, when is Cookevegas going to put some new Daycab tandems in the system? All kinds of new iron in truckload and also hauling around the unneeded team drivers. New little stubby cornbinders for the city. Where are the new tandem daycabs?

When will you have your VOlvo yanked out of your cold hands and your butt plopped down in a beautifully appointed Freightliner like the rest of us?

Better yet, when is Cookevegas going to put some new Daycab tandems in the system? All kinds of new iron in truckload and also hauling around the unneeded team drivers. New little stubby cornbinders for the city. Where are the new tandem daycabs?
Ice needs a smooth riding VolVo as he travels I59 in AL nightly....WHAT A POS HIGHWAY!!!!!

Riding a worn out, pos freightliner is bad, no matter what guest you ride on. Heck, they are bad enough just riding around the yard!