Averitt | Trailers being sold

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
While at KNX the past couple of weeks, I've had a heck of a problem finding a place to park, the place is overloaded with trls. I asked the yard dog about this, he said AVRT is selling the old rollups 533xxx,534xxx,535xxx. I'm thinking great...the last time AVRT did this LTL snagged on to every swing door they could get their hands on,leaving us in TL begging for a trl so we can go pick up our loads. Looks like the days of FAKE SEALS, 1 or 2 pallets of frt on a trl or hiding them on the breakdown line are BACK. If LTL wants to use the swings for P&D work how about using the 63xxxx trls or the 8xxx or 9xxx trls,,,,leave the 10,11,12,13,511,512,517's for us to run the road with. It gets bad when you have the yard dogs and TL drivers at NAS and FUL chasing you around the yard when you come in, to see if they can have your mt. Whats with All the late model swings at Cookeville parked off to the side of the shop? or the late model swings parked and taped off at GBO?

That's a all time favorite of the yard dogs to put fake seals on TL trailers so TL can't pull them out...

I wish that every one of these PITA swing doors would stay in Truckload. Most of them that I hook to dogleg down the road like nobody's business. You have to ride the fog line to keep the trailer in your lane. Wonder if the extreme rookie element in TL has something to do with it...jumping curbs, through ditches, etc...

Not sure how many of you have ever noticed but the best pulling and tracking trailers in our system are the 540001 through about 540120 series. Best ones in our fleet.

I wish that every one of these PITA swing doors would stay in Truckload. Most of them that I hook to dogleg down the road like nobody's business. You have to ride the fog line to keep the trailer in your lane. Wonder if the extreme rookie element in TL has something to do with it...jumping curbs, through ditches, etc...

Not sure how many of you have ever noticed but the best pulling and tracking trailers in our system are the 540001 through about 540120 series. Best ones in our fleet.

The TL trailers take a BEATING from being used by P&D, take a GOOD look at them.....as far as the 54xxx trls you are right, they are the best pulling trls we have...they are GREAT DANE'S not those POS Walbash's.

The TL trailers take a BEATING from being used by P&D
With all of the roll doors that are in our system, there should never be a swing door used in the city for any reason other than a special customer request. I see it like you see it...swing doors loading for the city and roll doors running down the road with TL. The entire operation is totally upside down.