R&L | trailers

imported_wideglide

TB Lurker
Credits
hey,got a question we have a new trailer in our yard all white no green stripe all greenwood rl transfer parm gator off just says rl carriers on backside.anyone else have these trailers?nice looking trailers just wanted to see if any other term had these yet.:smilie_132:

I saw one pass through our yard a little while back. It was definitely used with fresh only R&L Carriers decals on it. It also only had the newer single wide tires and not duals. The wheels were also aluminum.

I heard R&L may be pulling out of California. Is there any truth in that.

I doubt it.Its second I believe only to the Northeast in terms of busy areas. I don't think they would pull out of a profitable area however I'm just a city driver and the thought process in the big house rarely makes sense.

You are talking about the SF trailers,they are used trailers that R&L bought. I saw the old company name on the side,under the paint,but I can't rememer what it was. They have the double wide tires and are air controled. When you release the air brake for the trailer it pumps up the tires and the air bag supension. Take my word for it,they are junk. If you blow a tire you lose ALL air pressure. You can't hobble along and make it to the yard like with a regular trailer,the air bag supension loses air and it sits down on the tires. Stay away from them if you can.

I dont think they are closing cali. we are very busy.Somebody may close but I dont think it will rl if you now what i mean.The green giant cant be stoped out west we have the best driver team everyone seems to make the best out of everyday

I dont think they are closing cali. we are very busy.Somebody may close but I dont think it will rl if you now what i mean.The green giant cant be stoped out west we have the best driver team everyone seems to make the best out of everyday

I think that dude was trying to start a rumor...R&L is crushing the competition in California...

I was told they are old kohl's trailers like the pups they got they are probably saving money on the lettering some of the decals on our trailers are not cheep I used to letter trailers along time ago and back then it wasn't cheep

You are talking about the SF trailers,they are used trailers that R&L bought. I saw the old company name on the side,under the paint,but I can't rememer what it was. They have the double wide tires and are air controled. When you release the air brake for the trailer it pumps up the tires and the air bag supension. Take my word for it,they are junk. If you blow a tire you lose ALL air pressure. You can't hobble along and make it to the yard like with a regular trailer,the air bag supension loses air and it sits down on the tires. Stay away from them if you can.
Spirit Freight Trailers you're thinking of. I've seen a few roll threw our yard.

we worked about 5 weekends in a row picking these trls up in south al ga and north fla. had about 50 or 60 on yard in bir they were letterd here also.the ones with a sf trl # are trk load cali trls.we still have about 20 at our yard.

If the trl's with the super singles gets a flat or bad tire all the tires will replaced and the air system capped off. Mechanic said this will be done if found at the yard... Not sure what they will do if we have a flat out on the road.. Not many truck stops carry the super's.

These are 2007' Vangard trailers, 53' , super singles with PSI air pressure system.
the company purchased 55 trailers. They were previously owed by Accurate based out of Mobile, AL. BIR drivers picked up a majority of them. Far as the decal comments, yes- trying to save some money. Overall the comapany got a really good deal on them. Working them into L/H operation. Far as the tires , they will be swapped out for 22.5 tires when they wear out.

i will put my my 2 cents out here they are used Acclerated Freight Trailers they were a company out of Mobile Al . They hauled a lot of product out of North Al and scrap paper back from South AL . They are very good trailers.maybe a year and a half to two years old never been worked hard .I would have jumped on the chance to get the hellofadeal they got on them .

Far as the tires , they will be swapped out for 22.5 tires when they wear out.

The shop was talking about this a couple of weeks ago when one of these trailers went through our yard. They were also saying that in the case of a flat in the yard or low tread depth, the shop was to replace all tires with duals.

The question is-

We only have 4 trailer tires with rims at the terminal. It was our mechanics opinion that only one axle would need be converted to be legal. I think he should pull it through the scale house first..:smilie_132:

wide tires

We only have 4 trailer tires with rims at the terminal. It was our mechanics opinion that only one axle would need be converted to be legal. I think he should pull it through the scale house first..:smilie_132:
[/QUOTE]

He is correct... You can change only 1 side and still be legal.... The plan is to change all of them at once though, even if they have to deadline the trailer and order the tires. The only time they will only change out one axle is when the trailer is loaded, and needs to go.