New Penn | Trailers

Griz

TB Veteran
Credits
You guys recieved any new 53's lately? I'd like to know if NP has gone to the plain-jane look. GRIZZ

Grizz said:
You guys recieved any new 53's lately? I'd like to know if NP has gone to the plain-jane look. GRIZZ

Grizz, New Penn uses nothing bigger than 45s. All the new trailers are green just like the old ones

CFer said:
Grizz, New Penn uses nothing bigger than 45s.

New Penn has a few 53'ers in their fleet. Their "No Zone" trailer is 53'. Some of their other 53'ers are ex-Munson units. We had one of these in our shop a few years ago for some repairs.

Jolobo said:
New Penn has a few 53'ers in their fleet. Their "No Zone" trailer is 53'. Some of their other 53'ers are ex-Munson units. We had one of these in our shop a few years ago for some repairs.
they have no 53's that i'm aware of. the only 53's i've ever pulled were trailers from outside companies..

Jolobo said:

jolobo, I meant to say they used nothing but 45s in their P+D operation. There are a few 53s around for volume pickups and linehaul moves.

P.S. Welcome to the boards

CFer said:
jolobo, I meant to say they used nothing but 45s in their P+D operation. There are a few 53s around for volume pickups and linehaul moves.

P.S. Welcome to the boards

Thankx for the welcome CFer! As for using nothing but 45;s for the P&D work, did you mean nothing LONGER than 45'? Camp Hill has at least ONE 28' with a lift gate for pedal work.

Jolobo said:
Thankx for the welcome CFer! As for using nothing but 45;s for the P&D work, did you mean nothing LONGER than 45'? Camp Hill has at least ONE 28' with a lift gate for pedal work.

Sorry jolobo, that is what I meant. The majority of P+D work is done with 45s but there are also straight jobs and other misc trailes around

CFer said:
Sorry jolobo, that is what I meant. The majority of P+D work is done with 45s but there are also straight jobs and other misc trailes around

We have repaired A LOT of the 500-series straight trucks at Acme!

most of our trailers are 45 ft and 96" wide, but back in 99 or 2000. when the economy was kicking ***, here in #03 we aquired at least 5 -53' fters with swinging doors mostley for our NORM THOMPSON \account in west virgina. we took everything to them from the notheast. and when they were busy we ended up dropping them there, but if there was room ,we got other stops on them and made del's with the swinging dr deal. they were old sheinder trailers back than. unless it has changed recently, everything going to burlington out of 03 is on a 53' footer.actually haven't seen many arnolds around like i used to. i was told glenn moore is giveing better deal and also better and more effcent pick-up and del. than arnold could do.althought they still do some of our south freight line-haul.

allnightrain44 said:
most of our trailers are 45 ft and 96" wide, but back in 99 or 2000. when the economy was kicking ***, here in #03 we aquired at least 5 -53' fters with swinging doors mostley for our NORM THOMPSON \account in west virgina. we took everything to them from the notheast. and when they were busy we ended up dropping them there, but if there was room ,we got other stops on them and made del's with the swinging dr deal. they were old sheinder trailers back than. unless it has changed recently, everything going to burlington out of 03 is on a 53' footer.actually haven't seen many arnolds around like i used to. i was told glenn moore is giveing better deal and also better and more effcent pick-up and del. than arnold could do.althought they still do some of our south freight line-haul.

damn, i thought we stopped doing business with Arnold. i see some of their drivers and they dont even look at me.

thye do have 53' we load them all the time from 03 trailer number 53000 thru i think 53010 we send them to 26 almost every night