transfer

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by iu3, Jul 25, 2010.

1. iu3

iu3 New Member

does any one know exactly how transfers work,and does the company still allow transfers.

2. spider monkey

spider monkey New Member

last I herd there was no more company transfers from Tom,I know there are a couple of Louisville drivers watching this one close they said if some ones gets to transfer they will be on the phone to a layer.

3. daytonbgr027

daytonbgr027 New Member

I was told both terminal managers had to sign off on it,but not sure if they still allow it or not.

4. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

this is getting to be a cloudy issue. generally in the past if it was to an expansion terminal it was hardly ever denied, corp. was glad to have personell that was familier with the Dayton way of doing things. Nowaday's not so liberal of a policy from what Iv'e heard;let me explain, I posed this very question about 3 months ago when the region manager visited our yard. I simply asked,when the economy picks back up and Dayton announces plan to further expand, will openings and transfer options be posted? You would have thought I asked for the solution for world peace!! To paraphrase the answer, if a new terminal is opened in Denver(example only) and I was located in Bowling Green,and I requested to re-locate for the company,his answer was: If no volume of freight is lost,or,no linehaul runs are changed do to the opening of an expansion terminal, he would not approve a request to transfer IF it was his sole decsion. His guidence is more or less a "FOLLOW THE FREIGHT" rules simalier to the union company's.

5. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

Before anyone jumps out of their skin about my posting, everyone should know that this was his "opinon' on this issue,not the company policy,, to his knowledge at the time of my asking the question he not aware of a 'printed or published company POLICY AND PROCEDURE' on this topic.