SAIA | Treated fairly

Blacknight

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone been released unfairly. I used to work for SAIA and when I returned from my route one day they told me I was being terminated because when I filled out my application they said I put the wrong date from a employer 10 :chairshot: years ago. Ironicaly it was the last day of my probation. You would think that if it was a issue they would of never hired me after doing their required background check before hiring me. Has anyone been through this or no of someone that has?

yeah i'm like Speedracer, I couldn't give dead on ball correct dates and it didn't seem to bother them as long as I was close I guess. However, I have heard there was a driver in the Savannah terminal a couple weeks ago let lose because he was still in his probational period and they found there was a area in his background that they could not verify so when he got back to the terminal the next morning he was told to clean his truck out that he was being let go because the of the unknown background.

[quote author=Blacknight link=topic=82006.msg846641#msg846641 date=1279058077]
Has anyone been released unfairly. I used to work for SAIA and when I returned from my route one day they told me I was being terminated because when I filled out my application they said I put the wrong date from a employer 10 :chairshot: years ago. Ironicaly it was the last day of my probation. You would think that if it was a issue they would of never hired me after doing their required background check before hiring me. Has anyone been through this or no of someone that has?
[/quote]

All drivers are #1. #1 to be let go for nothing. I was let go for somebody else's STUPIDITY. I pointed it out to. 1. Dockman. 2. city dispatch. 3. Termianal Manager. All BEFORE the shipment went out. Got to the consignee, called dispatch with the info again. He told me to call HR..... HR for a delivery?????? I was let go for the confusion that was caused for precious Dell computers.

It happened a few months ago in GVL. The guy was an excellent worker, and just one day poof. His was b/c of a couple stupid things. He didn't put down an employer and he got his end date wrong for one too. It seems they don't check references for awhile, or it takes the references awhile to verify stuff for them.