SAIA | Triples anyone?

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
Had my first experience pulling triples this week. Admittedly, it wasn't very far. At least not as far as the meet man. But, man what a freight train that was. Still it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Had help hooking up the third except on the last day when the terminal where I got the third trailer at was dark. Anybody else had experience of pulling triples?

Quads

I don't mess with triples,why waste time? I pull quads.That's the way we do it down here in TEXAS.........................oops,sorry ,i was just trying out my bullshiftin'............YEE-HAW!!!!!!!!!!

Red eye,

I'll suggest you for the vacation fill in for the man when it comes up again. Then you can watch as UPS blows yer doors of pullin double 48's in a driving rain. :hysterical:

quads

our trucks run bout 83 mph down here in texas, that way ,when you pull them quads it gives you a little extra time for naps and such.YEE-HAW

Redeye you can pull my finger!!! Can anyone say it smells like Houston!! I used to always say Houston smells like hot garbage.. I guess i was looking into the future.. At the terminal that's all you can smell!! SHARE AND CARE!!!

I never pulled triples. What a first time experience that must have been.
Is there such thing as a Triples dedicated dolley/convertor?

Redeye you can pull my finger!!! Can anyone say it smells like Houston!! I used to always say Houston smells like hot garbage.. I guess i was looking into the future.. At the terminal that's all you can smell!! SHARE AND CARE!!!

that is because the houston terminal is near a garbage dump

You mean that wasn't a scenic outlook? :hysterical: My first time there I heard somebody setting off fireworks. Hope they didn't find a pocket of methane gas.:hide:

I never pulled triples. What a first time experience that must have been.
Is there such thing as a Triples dedicated dolley/convertor?

HA! that was funny. Nothing. Nothing. Did you hear what I just contemplated? NOTHING with Saia is dedicated...:hysterical: Except.......:chairshot:

Am aware that one set of Rocky Mountain doubles goes nightly from WTK to KCY. A couple of 53' with a hook obviously has to stay in that lane.

When I was at CF I pulled triples on the Kansas pike once in a while.

Not much to pulling them but wait until you want to park somewhere!:hysterical:

Park??? Who at Saia has time to park??? That freight needs to get there like yesterday!!! You need to run it without stopping.. I love when it sits on the yard a couple hours before they crack the door!! Even better when they tell you hot freight for Denver.. When you wake up in Lamar and the trailers are still sitting there 12 hours later!!

:Zzzz:
Park??? Who at Saia has time to park??? That freight needs to get there like yesterday!!! You need to run it without stopping.. I love when it sits on the yard a couple hours before they crack the door!! Even better when they tell you hot freight for Denver.. When you wake up in Lamar and the trailers are still sitting there 12 hours later!!

Er....I believe that is the sales dept talking. Operations on the other hand says.......:Zzzz:

Ever noticed it's not "Hot Freight" until a line haul driver gets it!?!?!

Drive safe

cc

It'll be just as hot when I get up from my nap at the nearest exit ramp. :Zzzz:

It'll ignite that diesel fuel and make the truck go faster. :flame:

Ignite the diesel fuel is the funniest thing i have ever heard!! I didn't know water burns, but there is always a first!! Saia is trying to save money for the big bonuses coming up so we are running on TAP water!! Sure the truck runs a little rough and can't go up a hill but that's ok!! It will blow anything off the road going down ranger hill and we are proud of that!!! Nothing looks better than a SAIA TRUCK behind a shinny new wrecker!!

Ever noticed it's not "Hot Freight" until a line haul driver gets it!?!?!

Drive safe

cc

:hysterical: HA! You don't know what HOT FREIGHT is. Wait till you are two hours from home, not able to get up with the consignee on a city run, dispatch says come on home, then 90 minutes into going home the freakin' roll up door erupts into flames. That's a dead giveaway thay dispatch is going to call and say "They have got to have the freight today.":hysterical: