Central Transport | Triples Operation

Buckeyedriver7

TB Lurker
Credits
They are trying to get the triples operation up and running. They finally got approved by Ohio and Indiana, now they have to find drivers qualified to drive them. No one seems to know what they are willing to pay. They are saving wages and benefits of two extra drivers but want to insult you with Chinese wages. I can't see anyone in their right mind wanting to hook & unhook these things for free. They have all the single axle tractors and convertor dollies repainted with Krylon they bought from Penske ready to go. I guess were going to use them to haul our OS&D, so if your shopping at Big Lots and see a Vitran pro label on the merchandise you know where it came from.:LMAO:

that driver could potentially have triple the csa violations now. lol. i can't wait til one of those breaks down on the ohio turnpike, those officers will have a field day writing citations.

my god pulling any one trailer from here is a csa violation now three times the holes three times the leaks three times the damages you may want to tie a rising sun bandanna around your head and scream bonzi down the highway maybe that is what should be on the side of our trucks the company debt and csa point total in digital sign just like nationl debt meter in new york . maybe we should get it right one trailer at a time before we master three. but hell what do we care we are vitran-vitran-vitran

just think of how much more more freight you can damage or lose in 3 versus 2 trailers,,,,,,,,,,,,,whatta deal

lmao, you boys are funny. Im cracking up.. Cant be thatbad over there...Had an extraboard guy at my barn that left con-way and went to vitran. He said he's happy. Pay is a little less, but there is no gobs of dock work involved.

Gotta have something to treat anxiety and stress. PROZAC is for depression. Although at Vitran USA........They are one in the same.

lmao, you boys are funny. Im cracking up.. Cant be thatbad over there...Had an extraboard guy at my barn that left con-way and went to vitran. He said he's happy. Pay is a little less, but there is no gobs of dock work involved.

depends on the person, my terminal is pretty good in certain ways, but still a bottom feeder in others. some other places are nothing but a nightmare.

Well today history was made. They started the triples today after several trips to the International dealer to try and get the engine computers tweaked on the single axles to be able to maintain the minimum 45 mph on the Ohio Turnpike with loaded trailers. I heard from the mechanics that the dealer couldn't get any power out of the engines.

didn't know we had any single axle internationals... or was it just the dealer working on something else?....my place has mack and freightliner only in single axle.... our new international tandems came at 405 horse but were promptly turned down to 270 (which is why we are having serious EGR issues)

Well today history was made. They started the triples today after several trips to the International dealer to try and get the engine computers tweaked on the single axles to be able to maintain the minimum 45 mph on the Ohio Turnpike with loaded trailers. I heard from the mechanics that the dealer couldn't get any power out of the engines.

shawn could'nt turn up the wick? tell driver to stick a can of either out window and shoot it into air cleaner duct when going uphill. lol.

didn't know we had any single axle internationals... or was it just the dealer working on something else?....my place has mack and freightliner only in single axle.... our new international tandems came at 405 horse but were promptly turned down to 270 (which is why we are having serious EGR issues)
I never understood why they turned them down so damn low....This place never ceases to amaze me with there stupidity. Fuel I suppose......but at what cost.

I never understood why they turned them down so damn low....This place never ceases to amaze me with there stupidity. Fuel I suppose......but at what cost.

they just think they are saving money, we ran them for 3 weeks before they turned them down, i got 7.5 or better,,,,, now that same truck most days is 6,,,,, if they would have only gone down to maybe a 350, we would be just fine.

6 days and not my problem

All 6 single axles were piggybacked in from Reno (2012's) They have the same Briggs & Stratton engines the twin screws have.

I was laid off from Con-Way and came to Vitran. They both have their positives and negatives but the greatest positive of Vitran vs Con-Way is at Vitran I am not a glorified fork truck driver that they let out on the road occasionally like at CWF. They actually let me drive the big truck at Vitran haha. I think I've only spent about 2 hours total on the dock at Vitran in the 3 months I've been here, and that's all just breaking my own trailer I bring back.

I was laid off from Con-Way and came to Vitran. They both have their positives and negatives but the greatest positive of Vitran vs Con-Way is at Vitran I am not a glorified fork truck driver that they let out on the road occasionally like at CWF. They actually let me drive the big truck at Vitran haha. I think I've only spent about 2 hours total on the dock at Vitran in the 3 months I've been here, and that's all just breaking my own trailer I bring back.

you must be in a small terminal.

We have 55 doors in Dallas and we never work the dock unless we want to strip out our trailer to re-work it because of stupidity....Last week a newbie loaded 16000 pounds of drums in the nose down one side....Luckily they were on pallets....You would think someone would have told him not to do that. It was haz mat as well.