Central Transport | Triples Operation

We have 55 doors in Dallas and we never work the dock unless we want to strip out our trailer to re-work it because of stupidity....Last week a newbie loaded 16000 pounds of drums in the nose down one side....Luckily they were on pallets....You would think someone would have told him not to do that. It was haz mat as well.

we have guys with 10 years in that would still do that to you

One good thing about vitran is, they only had 2 liftgate trls so there wasent alot of inside n resident stops. Here at ups freight we have 9 trls and i get one of them at least 3 days a week. What ever was to big for parcel to take it came to freight. Train, i thought i would never say in my life, that there was something that i liked at vitran lol

One good thing about vitran is, they only had 2 liftgate trls so there wasent alot of inside n resident stops. Here at ups freight we have 9 trls and i get one of them at least 3 days a week. What ever was to big for parcel to take it came to freight. Train, i thought i would never say in my life, that there was something that i liked at vitran lol
$$ great to hear from you. We are still hanging on but who knows how much longer. Yep, UPS will put it on you. But let me say this I have a few close friends that work for R&L in Dallas P&D and that company takes liftgate in residential areas to the next level....They have created a niche in that area. We don't have that and that's a good thing. But any good thing here is far outweighed by the negative as you well know. I'm just waiting for the right opportunity to come along because I'm not a spring chicken like you and I must be careful about change. You know my situation.

I hear ya. Here in nashville amazon has took it to a whole new level 65-70 hrs a week. We r hiring around 15 more drivers, we run at least 100 pups a week to amazon. Its like running the road, 14hrs a day, then a couple of hrs layin in bed then backat it again the next day

The latest on the triples is they are only running one truck. They had to change the ring & pinion in the rear end and re-flash the computers to get any power out of them. So until the dealer can do the rest of the single axles we are only running one truck during the day and heard it can go 68 mph on a flat surface.

The latest on the triples is they are only running one truck. They had to change the ring & pinion in the rear end and re-flash the computers to get any power out of them. So until the dealer can do the rest of the single axles we are only running one truck during the day and heard it can go 68 mph on a flat surface.
:hysterical: keylon is sitting at the ltl kiddie table and wants to sit with the big people, stay in your booster seat chris.

Jared is trying to recruit senior LH drivers at our barn to pull the triples. It will be 5 cents more a mile and hourly at the pad hooking and unhooking your third trailer. He is saying eventually there will be no more 48' or 53' trailers in the TOL yard. I can just see city drivers using pups to peddle their freight. Sounds like their trying to turn this into Conway.

Jared is trying to recruit senior LH drivers at our barn to pull the triples. It will be 5 cents more a mile and hourly at the pad hooking and unhooking your third trailer. He is saying eventually there will be no more 48' or 53' trailers in the TOL yard. I can just see city drivers using pups to peddle their freight. Sounds like their trying to turn this into Conway.

Around the metro area of detroit that is all you see anymore mostly pups with R & L, Conway, Dayton-Freight, UPS, ect.

as much freight as we've lost, there's no reason for 48s or 53s. lol.

5c extra a mile for trips? thats the most i have heard from any of the big players. conway pays 1.5c extra, what a slap in the face.

hopefully asking from the top downward, then forcing from the bottom upward.

I passed a set of triples last week eastbound on the Indiana Tollroad. The tractor, trailers and dollies all looked new. The driver had a passenger. This was the first Vitran triples I've seen, What pads are they using to assemble/break up?

I passed a set of triples last week eastbound on the Indiana Tollroad. The tractor, trailers and dollies all looked new. The driver had a passenger. This was the first Vitran triples I've seen, What pads are they using to assemble/break up?

If the trailer looked new, that was the training set. The rest of the pups are all junk. The passenger was the trainer they brought over from UPS. The pad for Toledo is at I-280 & Turnpike. (Exit 71)

is vitran saying if you double stack all your freight a 28 pup can haul 56 feet of freight? why not, i have seen 53 linehauls with 200 feet of freight all stacked up

If the trailer looked new, that was the training set. The rest of the pups are all junk. The passenger was the trainer they brought over from UPS. The pad for Toledo is at I-280 & Turnpike. (Exit 71)

OK, thanks. I seen a dolly sitting at that pad. That pad looks like a pain to get out of due to the heavy traffic in that area. Where is the western pad?