XPO | trolling fed-ex

doubledonger

TB Lurker
Credits
just "trolled" fed-ex freight,apparently their annual raises are being moved up from oct to april (6 months earlier)and they're getting a $1.10 an hour raise and .03c a mile,also additional unscheduled money being put into their pensions because of the "trump tax cuts" ok i'm bracing for all the management guys and kneelers,than go work there comments.....................just stating "facts",would you be happy if we got the same,most at our barn say they aren't going to be happy unless we get around $2.00

just "trolled" fed-ex freight,apparently their annual raises are being moved up from oct to april (6 months earlier)and they're getting a $1.10 an hour raise and .03c a mile,also additional unscheduled money being put into their pensions because of the "trump tax cuts" ok i'm bracing for all the management guys and kneelers,than go work there comments.....................just stating "facts",would you be happy if we got the same,most at our barn say they aren't going to be happy unless we get around $2.00
Ok since you think I a white shirt I'll say it. Well then go work there.
Now look at FedEx they have a work standard. It's been what like 2yrs and driver still wearing Con-way ::shit::.

$30.00 + h/r with time and half for everyone after 8, good health insurance and good retirement program and the ltl companies would have to turn away applicants. That is not just and Xpo problem solely.

$30.00 + h/r with time and half for everyone after 8, good health insurance and good retirement program and the ltl companies would have to turn away applicants. That is not just and Xpo problem solely.
I will agree partly in that statement.
The please explain why the union carriers are having problem getting drivers then? They offer free healthcare, pension and OT after 8. That how it written on the signs they have out front of there barns

The please explain why the union carriers are having problem getting drivers then? They offer free healthcare, pension and OT after 8. That how it written on the signs they have out front of there barns
most likely people don't want to start at the bottom again,seniority,vacation,pay steps,etc,also people don't like "change",so we stay and take what they give us,"hoping" they will do the right thing

Now look at FedEx they have a work standard. It's been what like 2yrs and driver still wearing Con-way :::shit:::.
they do have a work standard,linehaul drivers can choose NOT to work the dock and wait for their loads to be closed,OR they can CHOOSE to go on the dock and help

Now look at FedEx they have a work standard. It's been what like 2yrs and driver still wearing Con-way :::shit:::.
typical "management" distraction tactic,CHANGE SUBJECT,i write about raises,retirement,etc,you respond with your workers still wearing con-way uniform apparrel

most likely people don't want to start at the bottom again,seniority,vacation,pay steps,etc,also people don't like "change",so we stay and take what they give us,"hoping" they will do the right thing
Well then stop bitching about it. If you don't like your world then change your world. This whole board is full of people bitching about pay and benefits and then go on and say how good some other place has it. I don't want to start at the bottom waaaaa. I don't like change waaaa.
I glad to hear that FedEx driver are getting a good raise and I wait to hear from XPO corp. on what they will do. If i don't like it I will leave and go find work somewhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
typical "management" distraction tactic,CHANGE SUBJECT,i write about raises,retirement,etc,you respond with your workers still wearing con-way uniform apparrel
I can say when FedEx bought out AF on a Friday we wore our AF uniform and then on Monday we wore our FedEx uniform. After that Friday NO AF uniforms or any appeal was to be worn at work. If you did wear any you were sent home and wrote up.
All I said was that they have a work standard. they are all in uniform and not wearing what they want to wear like some do here. I sure the FAC would be flooded with tears if they cracked down on the uniforms.

How exactly is that "trolling" Fedex?

Also, the raise ammount is not determined.
Another thing, Fx may possibly be going back to 2 raises a year. One every 6mo.
Last raise was October 17',
This April would be 6mo,October will be another 6mo.

In addition to the raise, $3,000 will be added to each employee's pension, and a lump bonus, based on tenure.

I can say when FedEx bought out AF on a Friday we wore our AF uniform and then on Monday we wore our FedEx uniform. After that Friday NO AF uniforms or any appeal was to be worn at work. If you did wear any you were sent home and wrote up.
All I said was that they have a work standard. they are all in uniform and not wearing what they want to wear like some do here. I sure the FAC would be flooded with tears if they cracked down on the uniforms.
AF that explains alot now!!

There are lots of reasons, nobody wants to work nights, work the dock, pull doubles, be on call, most likely many more that I am missing.

There are lots of reasons, nobody wants to work nights, work the dock, pull doubles, be on call, most likely many more that I am missing.

Who the hell is on call ? Everyone is so short drivers that if they have a driver, that driver should be working.

The one you missed is bag runs. No one wants to be out running wild.

We are north of $25 an hour straight wage. But you can make $22 around here driving a fork lift in a warehouse. Why take the additional risk and deal with all the headaches for such a small amount of money ? Our own dock hands make $21 something. I wish I could bid their job. They don't know how good they have it.

We are north of $25 an hour straight wage. But you can make $22 around here driving a fork lift in a warehouse. Why take the additional risk and deal with all the headaches for such a small amount of money ? Our own dock hands make $21 something. I wish I could bid their job. They don't know how good they have it.
I’d quit driving right now if I could make $22 driving a forklift.