XPO | Trolls

What can I say , It's good to be KING and that's why the peasants come here, To harass the king . NAAAAAAAAHHH

well they can join all the whites,blacks,yellows,browns,pinks, and purples who bring us our freight late

Now you know the guy is a troll. How many YEARS have we been complaining about the sub-standards ?

Our FACs often resemble a Flying J. Weird people walking around in the middle of the yard.

It's okay though. With all those ex-cons running things over at YRC, he is going to start to get used to seeing this too.

They sure didn't hire those guys because of how well they ran an LTL !

I' m not a troll.I know that my company YRC went to 1130 Avenue S in Grand Prairie Tx. To pick up freight.That address is listed as Conway/Menlo Worldwide

YRC, Estes, OD, any one else. Menlo was a 3PL. Lowest cost gets the load. They rarely shipped with Con-way. Now they are both dead. And being reimagined as part of XPO. XPO is all about the right freight on the right truck. Getting the lowest cost to the customer.

If you are not a troll.... then what is your point in bringing this up ?

Do you understand what a 3PL is ? Do you understand what a global supply chain functions as ? Do you realize how much bigger and how much more profitable a company XPO is than YRC ?

Are you just trying to start ::shit:: blurting out something that has been common practice for many years ?

Seems trollish behavior to me. But feel free to explain yourself. I am sure it will be entertaining.

YRC, Estes, OD, any one else. Menlo was a 3PL. Lowest cost gets the load. They rarely shipped with Con-way. Now they are both dead. And being reimagined as part of XPO. XPO is all about the right freight on the right truck. Getting the lowest cost to the customer.

If you are not a troll.... then what is your point in bringing this up ?

Do you understand what a 3PL is ? Do you understand what a global supply chain functions as ? Do you realize how much bigger and how much more profitable a company XPO is than YRC ?

Are you just trying to start :::shit::: blurting out something that has been common practice for many years ?

Seems trollish behavior to me. But feel free to explain yourself. I am sure it will be entertaining.
Easy now... No need to be confrontational. He's just stating what he saw.

Easy now... No need to be confrontational. He's just stating what he saw.

Not trying to be over baring. But he lead with the proclamation of not being a troll.

It leaves me with questions. And I'd like to hear why he thought this was important to share in this way on this particular thread.

Now you know the guy is a troll. How many YEARS have we been complaining about the sub-standards ?

Our FACs often resemble a Flying J. Weird people walking around in the middle of the yard.

It's okay though. With all those ex-cons running things over at YRC, he is going to start to get used to seeing this too.

Not trying to be over baring. But he lead with the proclamation of not being a troll.

It leaves me with questions. And I'd like to hear why he thought this was important to share in this way on this particular thread.
LOL

What I can tell you is that this is an active BB with regulars for the most part. When one area dies down and another one is active the active one will get more visitors. I check out most forums sooner or later but have the places that I spend more time than others. If I can add good information I do it and I'll make a comment that I think is funny if I have one but I know that if I was funny I'd have a different job. There is a disrespectful lot over in the YRC forum who thinks it's fun to taunt their moderator and me. I have sidelined most of them with a couple more soon to get it if they don't wise up. I welcome visitors in the ABF forum because I like to hear others' views on things and there have been some unruly visitors there. Usually the others will put them in their place and I don't have to do anything but I have had to :nut kick: a few of them.

On the Pike, I have learned a trick. If the fish is big enough you can cut a V down the middle of the fillet and pull the bones out before cooking it. You will loose some meat but if it's a big fillet it's cost effective. Then you can have your way with it without worrying about choking on the bones.
I wander through all the boards. I frequent some more than others, and it largely depends on activity and what's being discussed. I admit to posting whether I'm agreed with or not, but I do try to stick to facts or humor when I'm not asking questions.

I don't think you should have to work for a given carrier to post on their board. It'd be a lot harder to exchange information if TB operated that way. From my experience, some people prefer to isolate themselves to other carriers. Nothing wrong with that, but it limits perspective.

One thing I've noticed (I was guilty of this once, but I've educated myself) is that people equate the International Brotherhood of Teamsters union to the carriers whose drivers they represent. Particularly YRC, which is easy bait for non-union drivers to grab and run with. Let me try to explain this, as a non-union driver to other non-union drivers. YRC did not screw their drivers. The drivers voted on the contract under which they operate. YRC does treat their people like garbage, this they didn't vote for, but the union can't prevent blue collar and white collar culture clash. The biggest problem members of the IBT have is the union itself, as in the people running it. The union is ignoring pleas from the members to improve things, instead cutting deals.

It is in this respect that MEMBERS want more MEMBERS to help vote out the people at the top. I don't fault people who want to make a positive change, and though I am not a member of the union and cannot vote, I do support Teamsters United and their supporters in hope the IBT can turn itself around.

As for trolling...I don't troll, but I do love me some fish every now and then! Beer battered fish with a cold drink and some thick cut fries make a tasty meal.

I wander through all the boards. I frequent some more than others, and it largely depends on activity and what's being discussed. I admit to posting whether I'm agreed with or not, but I do try to stick to facts or humor when I'm not asking questions.

I don't think you should have to work for a given carrier to post on their board. It'd be a lot harder to exchange information if TB operated that way. From my experience, some people prefer to isolate themselves to other carriers. Nothing wrong with that, but it limits perspective.

One thing I've noticed (I was guilty of this once, but I've educated myself) is that people equate the International Brotherhood of Teamsters union to the carriers whose drivers they represent. Particularly YRC, which is easy bait for non-union drivers to grab and run with. Let me try to explain this, as a non-union driver to other non-union drivers. YRC did not screw their drivers. The drivers voted on the contract under which they operate. YRC does treat their people like garbage, this they didn't vote for, but the union can't prevent blue collar and white collar culture clash. The biggest problem members of the IBT have is the union itself, as in the people running it. The union is ignoring pleas from the members to improve things, instead cutting deals.

It is in this respect that MEMBERS want more MEMBERS to help vote out the people at the top. I don't fault people who want to make a positive change, and though I am not a member of the union and cannot vote, I do support Teamsters United and their supporters in hope the IBT can turn itself around.

As for trolling...I don't troll, but I do love me some fish every now and then! Beer battered fish with a cold drink and some thick cut fries make a tasty meal.
Amen "Flyer" finally somebody that really knows what it's all about. I don't troll i pass thru and read alot don't comment much don't even like to fish but enjoy the work of the in-laws that do. "nuff said enjoy the weekend

I have spent my entire work lifetime avoiding union shops because of guys like you. Mysticobra was right, when he posted somewhere in this thread that union and non-union shops are different. When it comes to attitude, work ethic, and overall better quality of mindset within the workforce, the nons beat the unions hands down. It's no surprise to me that many of the LTL's that have shut their doors were union and it wasn't only due to bad management, it was also do to crappy work ethics within the union workforce. And I see it still today, your guys worrying about who does what job instead of just doing the job that needs done and then filing grievances when you don't get your way, wah! Contracts, lawyers, and failing pensions what a bunch of garbage, If my only alternative becomes a union job, I'll stay at home and start my own business, rather than expose myself to the cesspool that is a union shop. Have a nice day!
It's not true that union people can be lumped all together as you say. It could be said the same about non union. Exact same thing. But it's not true. I see alot of hardworking people where I am at. Of course we have the may I say "troublemakers". But non's have them too. But they can be fired easily whereas union cannot.
One thing is management starts alot of stupid crap. They don't realize.... And this is true in non's.... They just cannot be nice to people over simple day to day operations.
It rolls downhill.
Just be nice to EVERYONE not just small groups.

That's got to be the best all-around analysis of the Teamsters yet. The guys at YRC and ABF have nobody to blame but themselves for all the concessions they took, and the companies are now feeling the repercussions of those conseccions because they can't find and keep drivers to save their lives. Should have called the companies' bluff and voted NO. If the company shuts down go work somewhere else. You know the other companies would need the help picking up the slack anyway.

That's got to be the best all-around analysis of the Teamsters yet. The guys at YRC and ABF have nobody to blame but themselves for all the concessions they took, and the companies are now feeling the repercussions of those conseccions because they can't find and keep drivers to save their lives. Should have called the companies' bluff and voted NO. If the company shuts down go work somewhere else. You know the other companies would need the help picking up the slack anyway.
I'm 100% with you on calling their bluff & hope my fellow employees remember everything they bought after the contract was signed for next time. But the difference between yrc & abf was a bad contract that got passed at abf, where yrc voted for concessions in the middle of a contract. A year earlier abf had asked for concessions and was voted down....

It's not true that union people can be lumped all together as you say. It could be said the same about non union. Exact same thing. But it's not true. I see alot of hardworking people where I am at. Of course we have the may I say "troublemakers". But non's have them too. But they can be fired easily whereas union cannot.
One thing is management starts alot of stupid crap. They don't realize.... And this is true in non's.... They just cannot be nice to people over simple day to day operations.
It rolls downhill.
Thanks for your post and yes, I know I spoke broadly regarding union work forces and I know it doesn't apply to everyone, but it does apply to many and I happen to be of the opinion that work rules tend to promote bad work ethics by limiting within their specific job description what people can do for their company. For example, I see no reason why a line haul driver shouldn't put his pups to the doors rather than having a yard dog do it, it's inefficient and it costs the company money in form of lost time. Non-union companies do not have to bear the costs of contract negotiation, litigation, and time settling grievances, giving them a financial advantage over the union company. You said that the union protects the "troublemakers" that's true, why would you as a good employee want the troublemakers protected? Regarding your comment that same about work ethics can be said for nons, I tend to disagree and here is why. It is because we don't have a union that protects all workers, the company can more easily weed out it's :shhit:birds and have an overall better workforce. I want to see them either fixed or fired, because they cost my company money, which costs me money. I know management can be dikwads, but other than union protection that allows you to cuss out a manager with impunity, does it do anything to change the attitude of that manager? Nope. Does management start stupid crap? yes. But it is always because they want to be jerks or is their boss telling them to? We don't know, and when it comes to everyone being nice, the word "nice" is extremely subjective in nature where one person's idea of nice may be seem neutral, or even mean to someone else. Which is a more accurate statement. An employee comes to work to help maximize his companies earnings. Or. An employee comes to work to earn money in order to take care of himself and his family.

That's got to be the best all-around analysis of the Teamsters yet. The guysdon't YRC and ABF have nobody to blame but themselves for all the concessions they took, and the companies are now feeling the repercussions of those conseccions because they can't find and keep drivers to save their lives. Should have called the companies' bluff and voted NO. If the company shuts down go work somewhere else. You know the other companies would need the help picking up the slack anyway.
There were some coercion and strong arm tactics that were used against the YRC members.By the Union and the company.So I really dont blame people for not coming here (yrc) to work.Because YRC and the Union are one in the same.

It rolls downhill.

I agree w/ you MC especially concerning the small group favoritism being shown to a select few. The problem, as I see it, lies in the fact that in order to be considered an 'insider', (and thus be treated w/ special favor), one's got to suck up, lick boots, bow down, (however you want to paint it), to management guys that seem to be not nice to people who have done nothing to provoke them. But if one does bow down and somehow manage to break into the inner circle, he can do no wrong in the manager's eyes.

Sorry to say , but that's the way it works. At my barn and my experience and I've seen this; pets get the good runs while non pets get tossed out of good runs. One guy ,non pet, asked, "Why you taking me off my favorite run and giving it to a him,(a pet)?" The FOS said something to the affect, " It's all for the best, trust me". Is that showing the non pet respect??? What kind of an explanation was that?

On a more positive side note...things seem to be changing for the better of late. Management seems to be working w/ us to give us certain peddle areas according to our choice along w/ our start time choices for our peddles not based on favoritism but rather senority . Maybe what Tony Brooks preached in St. Louis at the 'Operations Summit 2015' video short is taking effect. TB's idea in this video was "winning as a company and retaining respect for people is not mutually exclusive."

Once again , we'll have to wait and see what kind of real RESPECT is shown toward us dsr's as time goes on cause we have no shop stewart or BA to fight for us. :popcorn: