XPO | Trolls

I agree w/ you MC especially concerning the small group favoritism being shown to a select few. The problem, as I see it, lies in the fact that in order to be considered an 'insider', (and thus be treated w/ special favor), one's got to suck up, lick boots, bow down, (however you want to paint it), to management guys that seem to be not nice to people who have done nothing to provoke them. But if one does bow down and somehow manage to break into the inner circle, he can do no wrong in the manager's eyes.

Sorry to say , but that's the way it works. At my barn and my experience and I've seen this; pets get the good runs while non pets get tossed out of good runs. One guy ,non pet, asked, "Why you taking me off my favorite run and giving it to a him,(a pet)?" The FOS said something to the affect, " It's all for the best, trust me". Is that showing the non pet respect??? What kind of an explanation was that?

On a more positive side note...things seem to be changing for the better of late. Management seems to be working w/ us to give us certain peddle areas according to our choice along w/ our start time choices for our peddles not based on favoritism but rather senority . Maybe what Tony Brooks preached in St. Louis at the 'Operations Summit 2015' video short is taking effect. TB's idea in this video was "winning as a company and retaining respect for people is not mutually exclusive."

Once again , we'll have to wait and see what kind of real RESPECT is shown toward us dsr's as time goes on cause we have no shop stewart or BA to fight for us. :popcorn:
YEAH that memo got lost up here somewhere

I agree w/ you MC especially concerning the small group favoritism being shown to a select few. The problem, as I see it, lies in the fact that in order to be considered an 'insider', (and thus be treated w/ special favor), one's got to suck up, lick boots, bow down, (however you want to paint it), to management guys that seem to be not nice to people who have done nothing to provoke them. But if one does bow down and somehow manage to break into the inner circle, he can do no wrong in the manager's eyes.

Sorry to say , but that's the way it works. At my barn and my experience and I've seen this; pets get the good runs while non pets get tossed out of good runs. One guy ,non pet, asked, "Why you taking me off my favorite run and giving it to a him,(a pet)?" The FOS said something to the affect, " It's all for the best, trust me". Is that showing the non pet respect??? What kind of an explanation was that?

On a more positive side note...things seem to be changing for the better of late. Management seems to be working w/ us to give us certain peddle areas according to our choice along w/ our start time choices for our peddles not based on favoritism but rather senority . Maybe what Tony Brooks preached in St. Louis at the 'Operations Summit 2015' video short is taking effect. TB's idea in this video was "winning as a company and retaining respect for people is not mutually exclusive."

Once again , we'll have to wait and see what kind of real RESPECT is shown toward us dsr's as time goes on cause we have no shop stewart or BA to fight for us. :popcorn:
I have been doing this close to 30 years and it has only gotten worse.
Nothing has changed except the way they do it. Anyone can suck up. It's easy.
Not to suck up is the challenge. Hehe...... Do it by the book and that is the way to do it.
When I say that. I mean their book. Takes longer. But. It does keep customers freight safe and undamaged.
I am dock only. Lost my CDL.....years ago. When they called it just a Commercial License. Physical. Could not pass the physical.
Now. Tell me if the non"s would be able to keep their job if they could not pass a physical because of let's just say what I had. One bad eye that could not be corrected?
That simple. Not a jab at you. Just an honest question that I don't know the answer to.
This....is a jab... But the other way. At the union. I could have been grandfathered in but they missed the deadline with the paperwork back... I think it was 1990....eons ago... So they f'd up and dropped the ball so I have no CDL.... But... I do have a job.

I'd just like to point out how amazing and wonderful it is that a troll thread managed to ultimately spark a legitimate conversation.

It's that opposite of what happens when trolls squat on regular threads. The irony is fantastic.

I'd just like to point out how amazing and wonderful it is that a troll thread managed to ultimately spark a legitimate conversation.

It's that opposite of what happens when trolls squat on regular threads. The irony is fantastic.
Ya... Good thread to get all the stress out eh? Hehehe.

I have spent my entire work lifetime avoiding union shops because of guys like you. Mysticobra was right, when he posted somewhere in this thread that union and non-union shops are different. When it comes to attitude, work ethic, and overall better quality of mindset within the workforce, the nons beat the unions hands down. It's no surprise to me that many of the LTL's that have shut their doors were union and it wasn't only due to bad management, it was also do to crappy work ethics within the union workforce. And I see it still today, your guys worrying about who does what job instead of just doing the job that needs done and then filing grievances when you don't get your way, wah! Contracts, lawyers, and failing pensions what a bunch of garbage, If my only alternative becomes a union job, I'll stay at home and start my own business, rather than expose myself to the cesspool that is a union shop. Have a nice day!
Excellent post!

Same could be said about xpo, how long will it be before the guys wearing turbines start taking your linehaul runs? Not stirring the pot but your new owner uses a lot of o/o....
I don't know you from Adam. I don't think you are an XPO driver. I know you don't know what you're talking about. I drive every night into a major fac in Florida. The amount of shiny Wheels has decreased significantly in the past few months. More and more XPO drivers are pulling The freight. I don't know where you got your so-called facts but they are wrong now.

I don't know you from Adam. I don't think you are an XPO driver. I know you don't know what you're talking about. I drive every night into a major fac in Florida. The amount of shiny Wheels has decreased significantly in the past few months. More and more XPO drivers are pulling The freight. I don't know where you got your so-called facts but they are wrong now.
You dont know me from Adam, I work for ABF & the post you quoted is about 2 years old when the shiny wheels were pulling a lot of your loads. I dont have to work for your company to see another carrier pulling your freight....