Truck carrying explosive turns over in NC

I thought is was not legal to have caps & explosives in the same unit?Although that question aside.
You think if this was a seasoned driver used to hauling explosive,he would have been taking it easy.
As not to get himself in a place that he wouldn't be able to handle all traffic conditions.

Oh well what do I know,I never had to deal with explosives,however with the cargo I did haul.
One of my famous sayings was forthsight is golden,hindsight is worthless.

Last edited:
All right then,why would the report bring up that there were also caps on board?
Not to beat this topic into the ground,however please forgive my ignorance,aren't caps only used for explosives?

All right then,why would the report bring up that there were also caps on board?
Not to beat this topic into the ground,however please forgive my ignorance,aren't caps only used for explosives?
The truck appears to be they type that fills a drill hole with ammonium nitrate runs the cap and det cord, another fills the hole with fuel. Used mostly in a quarry operation. The media being what they are sensationalized it. IMO

Same thoughts here but I've been out of the business too long to be sure

Wonder why these truckers with such sensitive loads are in such a fat hurry that they wreck?

True but I've got more faith in a truck driver than a train hauling chemicals by the 100s of thousands gallons thru our small towns,guess we're stuck with it