FedEx Freight | truck conditions

WHEN WILL THIS COMPANY UNDERSTAND
you get 10 times more out of a happy employee
Maybe because the next driver don't want to clean up your mess! None of my children work for Fed Ex, and you are all adults. These things only get you down if you let them. You get paid to do your job! I get paid to do mine! So, why should another have to pick up after you? Yes, happy employee's are more productive.
Why the hell should we take pride in our trucks ... when it will change every bid .. I keep a clean truck ...but every bid I will now get some other dirt bags truck .. but the man sitting in the office doesn't understand that ... thinks he is making a name for himself saving money ... but every time the new truck goes to the shop after I get it .. for numerous repairs ..

WHEN WILL THIS COMPANY UNDERSTAND
you get 10 times more out of a happy employee

:f0c36acc20df62e0610 :fan: :smilie93C_peelout:

I love the peelout guy
thanks jeff

Our trucks look horrible! It looks like we have a bunch of drivers from a temp service working here.
while out Saturday on my checking road tractors for any kind of contraband such as any type of items we think you should not have in fedex equipment.the interiors or filthy and the outside is gross can't you drivers keep these truck's clean. i know you say you don't get paid for this but yes you do you are not going to tell me it takes you 30 mintues to drop and 15 mintues to fuel.not all the truck's are a mess some drivers do have pride oh and by the way those of you smoking in the truck's still you might want to stop it we will start really coming down hard on that . info on this will be in youg aug meetings. we are watching everything you are doing so you might want to get in line.

Fair enough DICK. I personally clean up after myself. I assumed we were talking about smoking in ones assigned tractor. What about the smokers rights DICK ? When I hop in your truck and have to waste 5 minutes of my time trying to find the lighter and clean out the ashtray full of sunflower seeds/gum/breathmints.May i choose the red-shirt I have to deal with? On a side note, some of you guys really need to lighten up. You guys are going to stroke-out before you retire.

images.jpg
Until you buy the company or become an owner operator somewhere, you rights as a smoker are as follows.........
You can stop the truck whenever you want, get out and smoke. Please shower and wash your hair before you get back in if you are using my assigned tractor. Regardless of how much you wipe out the ashtray and sweep the floor, smoking is the unwanted gift that keeps on giving. Every time you turn on your heater or AC, another gift from the smoker.

Until you buy the company or become an owner operator somewhere, you rights as a smoker are as follows.........
You can stop the truck whenever you want, get out and smoke. Please shower and wash your hair before you get back in if you are using my assigned tractor. Regardless of how much you wipe out the ashtray and sweep the floor, smoking is the unwanted gift that keeps on giving. Every time you turn on your heater or AC, another gift from the smoker.

RC, you are absolutely correct. Whether smokers like it or not, societal sentiment is against them because too many of them have been too inconsiderate of non-smokers. The pendulum swings back and forth. Right now, public opinion is against those who smoke, and they would be well advised to take that opinion into consideration.

ST

when fedex stop having trucks washed 2 yrs ago and I was told at RKI when washing my truck I could get in trouble that told me if they dont care why should I,it was not like I was doing it on the clock I was on delay waiting for my loads on my own time.
My reply to the person that said that was let me get this straight I could get in trouble for keeping my truck clean???I give up let them look like every other truck on the road.

I clean up after myself but I will not clean up someone elses mess. It wasn't that way before they changed how the trucks are handed out. Plus why should a driver take pride when the company doesn't care how dirty the outside is and when the don't care if the will make a complete run or not. Looks to me like that might be a good job for a red shirt to do in his spare time.

:stirthepot: I have two different city drivers who drive my truck. One smokes and one dips. Which is worse? I left the guy who smokes two notes in his box telling him I didn't care if he smoked only not to smoke in the truck. As for the guy who dips, as long as he doesn't drop worm dirt all over the dash or leave his nasty spit cup in my truck then there won't be a problem. But the problem is still there as they still don't clean up after themselves. If you splash coke on the dash or even the windshield please clean it off. Nothing makes me madder than to leave a some what clean truck to get back in it and my gloves are missing, have grease all over them(or in them) and have food and coke splatter all over the cup holder, the windshield, and the floor. Your mother doesn't work here so please clean up after yourselves. I know you don't act like this at home, well then again!
:shift:

Here in So Cal we have a truck wash company that comes in once a month and washes the tractors and trailers that are in the yard at that time. What other regions do or don't have this service?

fedupdal said:
I clean up after myself but I will not clean up someone elses mess.
You spend the whole day working in someone else's mess ? It only takes a few minutes to clean out a tractor. Sweep it, wipe it down, throw out the trash, no big deal.

fedupdal it looks like you have a red shirt on,are you applying for that job ?

LOL ain't no way I want a red shirt job. First of all I would have to put up with a bunch of truck drivers all day, and there just isn't enough money to put up with the headaches.