FedEx Freight | truck conditions

We have a wash bay but they won't let us use it. There excuse is because of the water run off has to be collected and hauled off, but we have the outside contractor who comes in about every 3 months and wets the trucks down out in the lot and is probably charging them a fortune. I know some drivers don't care what there truck looks like, but myself I can't stand a dirty truck.

They said the drivers were wasting too much time(most of it their own)on washing their trucks when they should be on the dock working,(shuttle drivers-mandatory dock)drivers dock time is figured into the man hours projected to the dock so that hub will know how many dock people to have come in. That works in theory only as they are constantly cancelling runs to save money and then it leaves everyone short who works the dock.

We used to bid on our tractors and most everyone was happy with what they got, this last time we were assigned trucks with regards to the mileage. If you had the long run then you got the newest truck and the short run got the tractor with the most miles on it. You can't keep them clean all the time if the city driver doesn't do his part its a lost cause.

And everyone that uses your tractor does not know how to use them, or what they are for... or they even throw them out... been there.

Who's fault is we can no longer wash our own trucks? Fine, deal with the smokers, but quit blaming us for the results your policies. The cleanliness of the trucks should be the least of your worries. The massive amount of damaged freight is the result of your dock policies. The morale of the people in this company is the result of your campaign against us. The poor morale results in people not giving a damn about anything except their paychecks. Why bother with sweeping out your truck so the next guy can just trash it? Why worry about the customers when it's obvious the company doesn't. Why worry about anything? Just do your job, stay under the radar, and go home.

You people, and I say "you" because you drink the Kool-Aid, have no one but yourselves to blame for every trashed pallet, every unreported ding in the equipment, every lost customer, and employees doing as little as they can to just get a paycheck.

You people have no idea what this company could be if the employees felt like they mattered more than a slab of meat to produce numbers for your 25 year old college graduates who understand spreadsheets more than they could ever understand the true business of trucking.

Keep sneaking around inspecting tractors and deal with the tiny things you can. Don't even think of getting involved with the big items, they are beyond you and your superiors to every understand let alone repair. Keep treating us like the enemy and we'll reach new heights of I Don't Give A Damnitis.

Franklin, on april 7th 1775, Samuel Johnson proclaimed: "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel!". I agree. I personally know a so-called driver in LA that claims to be "Mr. Viking". He hates FedEx with a passion, claiming they don't respect him, treat him right etceteras. In truth, he was never an employee worthy of respect by anyone. He loved Viking because they tolerated his bullshit. They allowed him to behave like the overgrown five year old he is. They tolerated his violating every policy under the sun while claiming to be the best employee on the planet.

FedEx has been all over him for the last 3 years, demanding he do his job and quit throwing temper tantrums and screaming obscenities at employee meetings.

Maybe, just maybe, some of our more immature folks should realize that they don't know how to run a trucking company. Maybe, they should shut the **** up and do their job, and let management run the company? Oops, there's that elephant in the living room. There are some really dumbass truckers that refuse to start their own company, yet claim to know how to run this one! Are you aware we're the largest LTL carrier in the US? Are you even considering that things that worked when we were a west coast regional don't work now that we're the largest coast to coast carrier???

You don't know everything. And neither do I. Yet I do know that Samuel Johnson was right. And most of the western folks who claim to be great workers, are in fact worthless. They loved Viking because the standards of professionalism were in the gutter.

FedEx didn't build a world class company by lowering the standards to Viking's level. They did it by raising the standards. And those that refuse to grow up and be adults will find themselves working elsewhere<<<sooner the better.

ST

And most of the western folks who claim to be great workers, are in fact worthless. They loved Viking because the standards of professionalism were in the gutter.

FedEx didn't build a world class company by lowering the standards to Viking's level. They did it by raising the standards. And those that refuse to grow up and be adults will find themselves working elsewhere<<<sooner the better.

ST

Really?! Nothing like a gross generalization to reinforce your image as an ignorant, self aggrandizing ass. Do you carry your pom poms with you wherever you go? You carry on like the biggest company cheerleader. Of course, it's always easier to talk crap about people when your not in the same room as them. No doubt, you feel secure knowing most of these people no longer work here so it's easy to demean their service and efforts.

Yeah, I said it.........

Really?! Nothing like a gross generalization to reinforce your image as an ignorant, self aggrandizing ass. Do you carry your pom poms with you wherever you go? You carry on like the biggest company cheerleader. Of course, it's always easier to talk crap about people when your not in the same room as them. No doubt, you feel secure knowing most of these people no longer work here so it's easy to demean their service and efforts.

Yeah, I said it.........

Actually, I was talking about the folks who are still here...they run around proclaiming: "I built this company, and fedex needs to respect that!". Most of the so-called drivers who claim to be the most dedicated professional Vikings, never were. They've skated by just shy of being terminated every day for their behaviour.

And really, ignorant? Hardly, arrogant? hell yeah!! As for pom poms, you stole them from me years ago....