Truck Crash I 75 North of Jellico Tn

Tater

TB Lurker
Credits
WHITLEY COUNTY (WVLT) -- Interstate 75 at the Kentucky line re-opened Saturday afternoon after a deadly and fiery wreck closed its north bound lanes.

It happened about 4:00 AM in Whitley County. According to Kentucky State police, a tractor trailer lost control, ran off the interstate and hit a culvert on the side of the road. It then ran up an embankment, flipped over and caught on fire.

The driver, Shannon Lee Fisk, 40 of Covington, Kentucky was pronounced dead on the scene. An investigation was still underway on Saturday evening.

While the accident was cleaned up, northbound traffic was routed off I-75 at mile marker 160 in Jellico. Traffic re-opened shortly after noon.

Email del.icio.us Google Yahoo digg

More Stories
Remote Area Medical helps less fortunate, pets

Fundraiser brings in money for Officer Rickman

Tennessee turns 212 years old

Fla., Mich. delegates will get half-votes

Karns VFD boosts emergency awareness

UPDATE: Trucker killed, north bound I-75 lanes reopen

Families turn to discount stores to stretch dollar

Teens driving less because of high gas prices?

Post Your Comments
First Name:

Email (optional):

Email will not be displayed on site. For station contact purpose only.

Does anyone know if this driver worked at Estes? A friend of mine came by this accident and all he could see was a burnt set of doubles and Red Wheels from the burned Tractor

An Estes Driver???

Not really sure about the Estes Driver but gonna get on the Covington,Ky obits to find out for sure.Thoughts and prayers go out to this drivers family.As far as I am concerned all truck drivers are coworkers because we all run the road.God Bless.

Not really sure about the Estes Driver but gonna get on the Covington,Ky obits to find out for sure.Thoughts and prayers go out to this drivers family.As far as I am concerned all truck drivers are coworkers because we all run the road.God Bless.
Thats is true. I hate to see anyone who drives involved in a accident. My prayers go out to this driver and his family.