SAIA | Truck driver appreciation

bigbuck

TB Regular
Credits
Any of you guys eagerly anticipating National Truck Driver appreciation week? I myself am not really looking forward to the empty and hallow nonsense that our bosses/ highèr ups will be selling to us this week. I have always maintained that the best way to show a driver they are appreciated is to do it all year, not just because there is an occasion such as this. I digress...

yep i cant wait for the half a day cold fly blown left overs from the big spread they bring in for the city drivers or when i have to pass by the white shirt doing the grilling at atl so i can make my gate time god knows i cant be 5 min late or the tm will be on the war path i would just as soon them not even do it if they aint gonna do it right breakfast at cracker barrel on sat morning would be my suggestion

:moon2::6788:Saia, drivers appreciation week is a joke,in fontana calif we got oranges on mon,trail mix on wed,and bbq on fri 8am 7pm,dam i feel so appreciated,there was a time when we had a bbq all week long,thanks saia for nothing...

So my barn had its appreciation shindig today. TM started by saying about 30 seconds of we appreciate you blah blah blah. Then said BUT...you guys need to appreciate Saia more and thank the company management for giving you such a great paying job. Then told us we need to step up our production. Ouch. I liked it up until the word "but"... Kinda went downhill from there.

We had catered sandwiches, chips, and drinks. Atl had a cookout. Hell people, something is better than nothing. I mean I would have loved an extra $100 on my check, but eh. Atleast some terminals made an effort. Others got screwed.

Last year we only had an appreciation day, not a whole week and I came in at 9:00. There was a banana and 2 apples left for the breakfast portion. Then I got back in early that night around 6:15 and there was nothing left of dinner but some cold baked beans and empty hamburger buns . I felt less appreciated after that day than before !