Truck Driver killed in hit & run at truckstop near Mifflinville PA

mustangsally

TB Lurker
Credits
A woman was killed early Tuesday morning in a hit and run at a truck stop in Columbia County. Now state police are hoping that someone may have seen something to help them find the driver.

Trucks are constantly moving in and out at the Love's Truck Stop near Mifflinville. Investigators said it was about 6:30 a.m. Tuesday when a female truck driver was found dead in the parking lot.

Woman Struck and Killed in Parking Lot - WNEP

My name says it all...

To the driver that hit my sister and left her there, please come forward. If you are not sure if you are the one, but you KNOW that you were in that parking lot at that time please come forward and have your truck inspected. Our family needs closier. Not revenge. I pray for you and your conscience.
Call the state police at Bloomsburg 570-387-4261. Please tell what exactly went wrong. I also want you and the world to know that she was an awesome person. She loved her truck. It was her "space". Where she was comfortable. She loved the trucker's life. She would not have wanted revenge. She would have said to me "You just take certain risks when being a trucker." And leave it at that. We will forever miss you, sis.

Very sad indeed, let's hope they find the truck and driver that hit this fellow driver.
My thought's and prayer's go the family and all that knew her.

we are all hoping the driver will realize what happen and come forward and admit his mistake. also praying for you and her family for a closure on this sad situation. i am a former driver of celadon her there is alot of good people there. i had just turned my truck in at the indy terminal monday evening. I had heard what had happen from another driver i'm friends with that came through that area. he had told me what had happen there and i told him there was no way that had happen until i checked into it and read about it its are to believe it had to happen to a fellow driver for the same company i had driven for just in that short time. i had been with celadon for over a year before i left. Things like this make you wonder as a driver could this happen to me. thanks busyman from mantua,ohio

As congested as those truck Stops can get especially when truckers are coming and going on stormy nights.
You still have to know if you hit something.
I was an LTL city driver for 45 years,and I could feel a pallet shift in my trailer,or if I hit a curb.
It is just awful that anyone doesn't have the good sense to get out and check if they feel they hit or ran over something,in this case someone.
Lord have mercy,how could this driver not have known?

Judith's Sister- I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Apparently this happened during my time off and in the other terminals we don't always hear about happenings with our Indy drivers. (I work at the Greensboro terminal). The first I heard of this was today when a driver friend from the boards emailed me about it, assuming I knew.

Someone HAD to have seen SOMETHING, I can't believe no one did. And I'm with Apostolic; when I drove, I knew if something moved in my trailer, too. If you're paying attention, you know when something doesn't feel right. I hope the person who did this is caught.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers, and again I am so very sorry for your loss.

To the driver that hit my sister and left her there, please come forward. If you are not sure if you are the one, but you KNOW that you were in that parking lot at that time please come forward and have your truck inspected. Our family needs closier. Not revenge. I pray for you and your conscience.
Call the state police at Bloomsburg 570-387-4261. Please tell what exactly went wrong. I also want you and the world to know that she was an awesome person. She loved her truck. It was her "space". Where she was comfortable. She loved the trucker's life. She would not have wanted revenge. She would have said to me "You just take certain risks when being a trucker." And leave it at that. We will forever miss you, sis.

hello everyone

I work at celadon and I was this driver's Driver Manager when this happened this was very tragic because judith was such a nice person and everyone at celadon knew her, I still think of her and I do wish someday the person that did this is brought to justice.

So are you say the person that hit and killed this gal was never found?
Well whoever it was may not have known they hit anyone,which is doubtful in my opinion,from all of my years as a city driver.
You can feel something,whenever you hit anything.

However if the person knew about hitting her or not,and never does get caught,nobody ever really gets away with anything.
There may not be justice served in this life,but our souls will live on somewhere when we pass.
That is when God will settle up with everyone who ever lived.
Biblical reference Hebrews 9:27,it is appointed unto man once to die and after that the judgment.