XPO | Truck Driving Championship

Ben Deco

TB Lurker
Credits
Company wide this has to cost conway hundreds of thousands of dollars to participate this. Since times are so tough why isn't this on conways chopping block. Is conway contractually obligated to this like they are the racetruck?

Company wide this has to cost conway hundreds of thousands of dollars to participate this. Since times are so tough why isn't this on conways chopping block. Is conway contractually obligated to this like they are the racetruck?

Well, their commitment alone is as good as a contract.

they should cancel this waste of money. why should i lose 5% in pay, lose 3% on my savings and lose my vacation. i hope every driver drops out. of course they will not because they are afraid. they would save some money, dont know how much. i know it cost $100 per person. plus the travel time, plus meals, and all this the spouse gets to go. what a waste. hope my fellow drivers from dallas drop out. i will be talking to them and doing my best to get them to drop out. would save mr. marty a bunch of headaches.

This is just like the races, a way for them to party it up & walk around patting each other & themselves on the back.

Whats sad is......

they should cancel this waste of money. why should i lose 5% in pay, lose 3% on my savings and lose my vacation. i hope every driver drops out. of course they will not because they are afraid. they would save some money, dont know how much. i know it cost $100 per person. plus the travel time, plus meals, and all this the spouse gets to go. what a waste. hope my fellow drivers from dallas drop out. i will be talking to them and doing my best to get them to drop out. would save mr. marty a bunch of headaches.

You have to try and talk them into dropping out. They should be upset enough to see they took from us again, but have no trouble spending tons of money on this. If times are as bad for this company as Conway says it, why would they spend money on the truck driving championship? How can they justify taking our wages and turn around and blow money on this. I dont get it.

You have to try and talk them into dropping out. They should be upset enough to see they took from us again, but have no trouble spending tons of money on this. If times are as bad for this company as Conway says it, why would they spend money on the truck driving championship? How can they justify taking our wages and turn around and blow money on this. I dont get it.

:hide: Think Nascar Truck! I don't think for one second that the Dirty little Nascar Truck returns 140% on investments! As stated in previous posts, it is all a numbers game!
It puts a feather in their cap when the SUCK ASSES win the rodeo!
I, refuse to join their competion, I, refuse to play the One More Shipment GAME!:smilie_132:

Everybody that's participating in the Truck Driving Championship should drop out in protest of the "cost savings intiatives"

Rethink.

Drop out to help save $$$$ and to better serve our company.

Praise be!

champion

I say go for the gold!! do your company proud!! whats $1 less on the hour?? when we at least have a GREAT JOB!!!!:biglaugh::smilie_132::hide:

From what I've herd the money has already been spent , but if things don't improve over the next year don't look for us to participate.

First off...where did the 'hundreds of thousands of dollars' figure come from?

Do you have actual hard facts and figures to prove this or is it just a ball park figure?

Secondly...the participation in the TDC has little to do with Con-Way or any other company. It is driver against driver...mano el mano...you are pitting your skills against the best of the best.

If Con-Way or any other company is willing to foot the bill...I say go for it! I am guessing the total bill for the event is minimal considering other expenditures.

My point has always been and continues to be...if you want to be successful then look successful.

Rat :loser:

Do you have actual hard facts and figures to prove this or is it just a ball park figure?

Secondly...the participation in the TDC has little to do with Con-Way or any other company. It is driver against driver...mano el mano...you are pitting your skills against the best of the best.

If Con-Way or any other company is willing to foot the bill...I say go for it! I am guessing the total bill for the event is minimal considering other expenditures.

My point has always been and continues to be...if you want to be successful then look successful.

The TDC has EVERYTHING to do with Conway. Otherwise you would not be offered such a glorious opportunity. Or wait, maybe they want to spend a bundle just to demonstrate their appreciation for your efforts...Or maybe to elevate your morale. Yup I could be wrong.

And your guess about the total bill???? What do you consider minimal? Or are you rationalizing to justify your participation because you really want to compete and perhaps achieve big man on campus status for a very short time. - Rhetorical, no need to answer.

I know some winners and I gotta say, it is for a very short time....and then they forget your name.

It's ALL about Conway.

TDCs incentivise drivers to stay safe out there...our total spend nationwide for this event is less than the cost of one serious accident...It is about pride and competition. Those of you who were bashing this long before yesterday are just using yesterday as an excuse to bash it some more..Those that enjoy the competition and comradarie will continue to do so...I know, I will hear all the "my competition is out there everyday" stories...Save it...So is those who choose to participate, they just take it a step further...
You are talking about pennies next to the big picture...

I have attended many competitions. I have made many freinds at such events. Does anyone remember when conway did not flip the bill? Suspend the $$ on this and then I will go back.That way you would get the ones that truly want to go.

Sponsors for T D C. Dustin Denny, Con-Way Freight

2008 Truck Driving Championship Sponsors

I-State Truck Center

Montana State Fund

Con-Way Freight, Inc.

Watkins & Shepard Trucking

Curt Laingen Trucking, Inc.

Crossroads Travel Center

Holiday Inn Grand Montana

Great West Casualty Company

DTS Logistics

Motor Power Equipment Co.

Red Mountain Truck Lines, Inc.

Checkers, Inc.

Freight Agency, Inc.

Quality Transportation, Inc.

K&K Trucking, Inc.

A&L Transportation, Inc.

Kenworth Sales Missoula

Whitewood Transport, Inc.

K.R. Rauch Co.

Mergenthaler Transfer & Storage

W.R. Drinkwalter & Sons Trucking, Inc.

Pepsi Cola Bottling Co.

Inland Truck Parts Company

Missoula Freightliner

The SAGE Corporation

Watkins & Shepard Trucking

I-State Truck Center

Raymond Corcoran Trucking, Inc.

Interstate Power Systems

Equipment Sponsors

Yellow Transportation

Con-Way Freight

MTS Freight

Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.

Fed Ex Freight West

USF Reddaway

Diversified Transfer & Storage

Motor Power Equipment

I-State Truck Center

Northwest Peterbilt

K.R. Rauch Company

WR Drinkwalter & Sons Trucking

Roadway Express

United Parcel Service

Tri-State Truck & Equipment

what would conway do if everydriver said no and didnt go how would they look , after just screwing there employees .. i can see it now 60 plus last yr in nationals none this tr ..lmao

hammerdown