XPO | Truck Driving Championship

Hi Everyone
Well I am new on here but i am going to say this as simply as i can. Do you really believe Con-Way would invest millions of dollars in something they were not going to get any return on?

Trust me when I tell you this company gets all kinds of return on their money just from the free P.R. Just their name mentioned in the paper and on the news is very beneficial to the company.

By doing this they are seen in a possitve light, even though you may not participate, in the long run you will benifit from the hard work of all the drivers and safety managers who participate. That being said,yes I am going to compete and I am going to do so proudly, even though Con-way has cut out a lot of the perks and benefits.

Hmmm, sounds like you have been working here for a only a year or so. I don't know how you can say with a straight face that they cut out a couple of perks. What they did to us this year is going to cost me in the area of $20,000.00. How can you call that a couple of perks? You obviously just don't really know what that 5% cut means. Yeah, if you have been here a couple of years, it is not as big a deal as if you have been here 23 years. I do my job and always will. They can expect nothing less than 100% from me as far as job performance. One thing they can not expect is for me to be show boating my talents to make "them" look good. You want to shine, polish your own knob, I am not going to do it for you (and when I say you and your, I mean cwx not you personally so don't go there). Have fun and enjoy yourself and know that it is at the expense of your fellow employees. :clap:

Hmmm, sounds like you have been working here for a only a year or so. I don't know how you can say with a straight face that they cut out a couple of perks. What they did to us this year is going to cost me in the area of $20,000.00. How can you call that a couple of perks? You obviously just don't really know what that 5% cut means. Yeah, if you have been here a couple of years, it is not as big a deal as if you have been here 23 years. I do my job and always will. They can expect nothing less than 100% from me as far as job performance. One thing they can not expect is for me to be show boating my talents to make "them" look good. You want to shine, polish your own knob, I am not going to do it for you (and when I say you and your, I mean cwx not you personally so don't go there). Have fun and enjoy yourself and know that it is at the expense of your fellow employees. :clap:

Hey bigfoot

When I said a coupleof perks I was talking about things that they do for us at the tdc not what we have at work, now just to clear the air I have been here for 15 years myself. I dont like the loss of anything myself, but I will tell you I am not going to stop doing something I enjoy, I am not trying to get you to sign up or anything. I lost just about as much as you did, so I do feel your pain. take care and stay safe

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are. :biglaugh:

Wait just a minute here.........I have a question....

Doesn't that laptop get in the way when you have to wipe?

Looks to me, like it would be in the way. And, do all the stalls come with one of those, or is that a "special" stall????

You know, if that stool ever clogs and runs over.....

Well that laptop is going to be in deep, deep Kimchee....

Well, there has been some posting going on. I need to password protect.

ok please enlighten me. what are the 6 things?
OK, but don't crucify me if I can't come up with six. I NEVER thought anyone would call me on this.

[list type=decimal]
[*] The TDC - Yup, would like to see what our returns are on a spread sheet.
[*] Conway NOW
[*] Doug S. - Conway NOW was his baby and besides, is he worth millions?
[*] Conway Truck Load
[*] Pallet Refer
[*] John L. - Pallet refer Program was his baby and besides, is he worth millions?
[/LIST]

Six is giving the benefit of the doubt. There is more but I ran out of room.

Somehow I am taking this as a sort of back-handed compliment..

Question: what is a pallet refer program..??

You weren't even on my mind when I posted the dog but av8tor found a hidden connection a'la daVinci code. The Illuminati will find its source.

The Pallet Refers were 5X5X6' tall aluminum boxes that could fit a pallet of 4 drums that was temp critical. I'm thinking 1994. They were heavily insulated but not passive in that there was a gas that aided in temp control. They suffered break downs, damage, and they were a logistical nightmare. Make a delivery and carry the empty Pallet Refer around the rest of the day. Need to make a pick up with one and go back to the terminal and get one IF one was there. In L/H, they were subject to an inspection with a check list at every trailer change. And after a very short amount of usage they needed to be serviced at a specific regional FAC, so they rode around MT too. That was a whole lot of money down the drain. But we were leaders in the industry. Monuments were built all over Con-land but ours was a hundred of them stacked up behind the XCO shop when the program was discarded.

This was one of many programs that were a good idea and it got so the word "program" would put a chill up my back. Then came "enhancement" and "initiative".

Somehow I am taking this as a sort of back-handed compliment..

Question: what is a pallet refer program..??

NO, NO, NO.....

this is when you "refer" to a pallet as something other than a pallet.

for example referring to a pallet as "a skid" , or "some wood".....

see the company once had a "program" where we were supposed to "refer" to pallets in a more deferential manner, so as not to "offend" the pallet and thereby render it's effectiveness in a degraded manner....(not to mention getting the thought police all in an uproar).......

(Bank I am doing the best I can here to cover for you, but I am not sure he is going to buy it......)

NO, NO, NO.....

this is when you "refer" to a pallet as something other than a pallet.

for example referring to a pallet as "a skid" , or "some wood".....

see the company once had a "program" where we were supposed to "refer" to pallets in a more deferential manner, so as not to "offend" the pallet and thereby render it's effectiveness in a degraded manner....(not to mention getting the thought police all in an uproar).......

(Bank I am doing the best I can here to cover for you, but I am not sure he is going to buy it......)

Dude...you need drugs!!!!:tongue0015:

Rat :loser: