FedEx Freight | Truck driving championships

huckleberry

TB Lurker
Credits
If I win this week as a Watkins driver, who will I be competing for at the nationals after the sale goes through? Also would this be a change of employment and make me ineligible under the ATA rules?

If you win,you win. They can do whatever they want to, but you still won it. The trucking co didn't didn't give you any talent.That hard work and personal pride along with some help from The Man upstairs.

Huckleberry said:
If I win this week as a Watkins driver, who will I be competing for at the nationals after the sale goes through? Also would this be a change of employment and make me ineligible under the ATA rules?

You didn't change jobs . . . the job changed. You are still eligible.

:moped:

Huckleberry said:
Thanks for the input guys. It would stink to win state then be ineligible because of a buyout.

1st of all good luck. If you do win your state. When you go to Nationals be ready for one of the best times of your life.Fedex spares nothing 1st class all the way.:bgroovy:

Pompano said:
1st of all good luck. If you do win your state. When you go to Nationals be ready for one of the best times of your life.Fedex spares nothing 1st class all the way.:bgroovy:

10-4 Pompano, they also have prizes for those who come in 1st place in any division. 7 day carribean cruise, trip to the pro-bowl, trip to any Fedex sponsered event, ETC

I was at nationals last year and believe me, I was overwelmed by the FedEX presence. I think there were 3 1st place winners under the FedEx brand.

Well I don't have to worry about nationals,lol. At least I did come in 3rd and got to go up on stage. Even placing is an honor among the caliber of drivers that show up. Watkins won second place in the overall average score. We didn't puite go out with a bang, but at least it wasn't in shame. We will all be there next year as FedEx Nat'l, and I'm sure it will be a great time. Still I can't help but be a little sad that the great Watkins tradition is coming to an end.:smilie_132::boohoo: :beerchug: :wavey:

Huckleberry said:
Well I don't have to worry about nationals,lol. At least I did come in 3rd and got to go up on stage. Even placing is an honor among the caliber of drivers that show up. Watkins won second place in the overall average score. We didn't puite go out with a bang, but at least it wasn't in shame. We will all be there next year as FedEx Nat'l, and I'm sure it will be a great time. Still I can't help but be a little sad that the great Watkins tradition is coming to an end.:smilie_132::boohoo: :beerchug: :wavey:

Huckleberry, Congratulations on your third place finish. Be proud of your accomplishment and your safety record.

A good friend of mine puts it very well, a former National Grand Champion and ATA National Driver of the year says "sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield". You will be back!