Truck Driving School Day 9

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Hi guys,

Today at truck driving school we did drop and hook, we didn't do it over and over again, because they figure you'll get enough of that out on the road, I didn't do particularly well at it this morning I had trouble with the clutch and finding the right gear, but it's not super difficult I just have to really let the clutch out slowly and let the truck ease under it and it snaps right in. They figure drop and hook is not on the CDL test so were not going to put a ton of time into it, you'll do it with your trainer out on the road and it really should not be a huge learning cure. However, we did learn you do not want that landing gear to move horizontally, they are not built for that, vertically up and down they are strong but horizontally not so much.

In other news all afternoon I worked on my straight line backing and letting the clutch out slowly and that made a difference and actually, by the end of the day I learned and was backing okay the instructors were not watching me or saying anything to me at all so that's always good and just doing my thing I guess, I even turned the wheel a time and practiced letting the truck follow the trailer and then straighten out.

Any how that's all I got.
Cheers
Mike