XPO | Truck problems???

Hope17

TB Lurker
Credits
Can anyone explain to me our policy on trucks? I was under the impression that the newer trucks were supposed to go on the longest runs, we are getting new trucks in and they're being kept in the city being driven less than 100 miles in a day. We have line runs that are over 500 miles and these newer trucks are not being used on those runs! Instead the driver is givin A much older truck with close to 1,000,000 miles on it is anyone else having this problem ???

Can anyone explain to me our policy on trucks? I was under the impression that the newer trucks were supposed to go on the longest runs, we are getting new trucks in and they're being kept in the city being driven less than 100 miles in a day. We have line runs that are over 500 miles and these newer trucks are not being used on those runs! Instead the driver is givin A much older truck with close to 1,000,000 miles on it is anyone else having this problem ???
This is like trying to answer the question. What can first the chicken or the egg? It all depends on what bean counter you talk to. I heard they want to keep the trucks 10yrs and in 10yrs time have 1 million mile on them. The big problem these bean counter don't see is these truck are passed around like lot lizards, everyone get's a turn. In all my years of driving truck that have a fewest drivers are normal in the best shape and are clean and well taken care of. As for the lot lizard one just walk out in you yard I'm sure you have a few

That was Conway policy. XPO hasn't set a policy yet.

Probably have them on longer runs after the truck swap. Unless there medium duties then they wouldn't put them on long runs. We got a couple of brand new city trucks and a rebranded sleeper recently. TM told us yesterday that there going to scrap a lot of the trailers and dollies and build brand new ones rather than refurbish. Posted pictures of new trailers and dollies along with lists of what's different about them.

Probably have them on longer runs after the truck swap. Unless there medium duties then they wouldn't put them on long runs. We got a couple of brand new city trucks and a rebranded sleeper recently. TM told us yesterday that there going to scrap a lot of the trailers and dollies and build brand new ones rather than refurbish. Posted pictures of new trailers and dollies along with lists of what's different about them.
A lighter dolly would be a BIG bouns

I don't care what I drive as long as it has a radio, its quiet, and has more than 7 gears. Put me in an old POS Sterling and I am going to flip out on someone.

Just look at the just released 3 Qt results on spending on maintenance . Only 25.5 million spent in 2016 vs 77.4 in same qtr last year. Takes spending to keep a fleet safe. The numbers don't lie .

Avg tractor life is slowly increasing with maintenance spending going down its a recipe for disaster !

Oh yeah. Now that you say it, I do see one! It's even marked with XPO stickers. I prefer the tractor assigned to me, 450k and and a 10 speed!

The Cascadias are all the same. More miles, less miles. Doesn't really matter much. Mine has almost 700K and when it was in the shop for a week I drove a bunch of different Cascadias over about a week and they really are all the same.