ABF | Truck speed

My next door neighbor retired from ABF. He has been on me for the last several years to put in an app with them. Well, about 3 or so weeks ago I did. We were talking outside the other night and the subject of ABF speed came up. He said ABF stood for Always Blocking the Freeway. He said when he was there they were set at 55 and were eventually turned up to 57. That may have been then, but I have gone by ABF many times and it sure didn't seem that they were going 57. I figured it had to be somewhere in the sixties. That and not having a radio in the truck will probably take some getting used to, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

CFer is right on the money. All current road power is set at 62. Older road units now retired into the city vary depending on the year.

Grumman said:
My next door neighbor retired from ABF. He has been on me for the last several years to put in an app with them. Well, about 3 or so weeks ago I did. We were talking outside the other night and the subject of ABF speed came up. He said ABF stood for Always Blocking the Freeway. He said when he was there they were set at 55 and were eventually turned up to 57. That may have been then, but I have gone by ABF many times and it sure didn't seem that they were going 57. I figured it had to be somewhere in the sixties. That and not having a radio in the truck will probably take some getting used to, but it shouldn't be a big deal.
For 55 cents per mile who cares if you block the freeway. Just set your XM radio on a good station and sit back and enjoy the scenery (IN the right hand lane of course):biglaugh:

It would probably be a lot less stressful. Not having to worry about repassing the person you just passed. Let all the idiots go past ya. Speed really isn't the concern as long as you get the miles and keep the left door closed. Ain't nothing like watching a BBR race from truck stop to truck stop.

Harleydad75 said:
For 55 cents per mile who cares if you block the freeway. Just set your XM radio on a good station and sit back and enjoy the scenery (IN the right hand lane of course):biglaugh:

Keep that XM on 202 and sit back and laugh a little....SPREAD THE VIRUS