Yellow | truck washing

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
Our truck wash broke here in Dallas 511 and since then they haven't washed a single truck. They don't plan on fixing the truck wash either from what I've heard. A fortune 500 company that doesn't have the money to wash and maintain their equipment? Our trucks are beginning to look like crap too.

truckinusa said:
Our truck wash broke here in Dallas 511 and since then they haven't washed a single truck. They don't plan on fixing the truck wash either from what I've heard. A fortune 500 company that doesn't have the money to wash and maintain their equipment? Our trucks are beginning to look like crap too.
Hey truckinusa......don't feel like 511 is being ignored. Yellow has the same problems, look here......http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showpost.php?p=15333&postcount=1
DS.

truckinusa said:

Same problem here as Wilson trucking fleet is all shiny and sparkling new as ours looks like we still have the road salt from the past winter:eck15:.

A non union guy heard me talking about it and said " yeah we may have the cleaner looking trucks but you guys with the dirty trucks are the ones making the real money:clap:

I know what you mean, it's nice to have some rain now and then isn't it. Here's what get's me tho. Our TM chewed us out a couple of weeks ago about how our TLR's needed swept out, and "what kind of image does that portray to out customers". Please!....

You have these big orange and blue rigs rolling around your city all day long that are beat up, dirty, used up ol trucks that arent fit for the loggin industry. But what image are we portraying to out customers. I feel so ashamed. I'm gonna go in early tomarrow and sweep tlr's on my own time.

I've actually broken down and washed my tractor at one of thoe coin operated truck washes. Sometimes its easier in the winter time to get it clean.

at our terminal, if you want a clean truck, you gotta do it yourself. i drive the same truck everyday so i make sure i keep it clean. i power-hose the doors, windows, and mirrors before i leave the yard. along with the bosses not caring, you got alot of guys that don't give a gotdamn about the trucks. i truly work with a bunch of dirt bags.

JWor said:
You have these big orange and blue rigs rolling around your city all day long that are beat up, dirty, used up ol trucks that arent fit for the loggin industry. But what image are we portraying to out customers. I feel so ashamed. I'm gonna go in early tomarrow and sweep tlr's on my own time.
:biglaugh: :bgroovy: I feel ashamed too!! Think I will go in early......nah!! Welcome to the boards JWor! Where do you drive out of? DS.

At our terminal, if you wash it yourself and bring a receipt, they will pay you back. Plus, your doing it on the clock, so i guess thats not too bad

hilo@342 said:
At our terminal, if you wash it yourself and bring a receipt, they will pay you back. Plus, your doing it on the clock, so i guess thats not too bad
Welcome back to the boards, hilo.....:wavey: ...DS.

Docksteward said:
:biglaugh: :bgroovy: I feel ashamed too!! Think I will go in early......nah!! Welcome to the boards JWor! Where do you drive out of? DS.

Well as of Monday I got F/T out of 429. (Mobile) :duh:

p.s. After a year, of being casual, I kept tossing around the fact that the new Volvos I see coming in at UPSF were looking pretty nice.......they finally put me on. But hey, they are pretty nice!!!

Our TM removed all the hoses and spigots from the shop about 3-4 years ago so our trucks look like hell! They also said you can't clean your windows in the yard you have to do it on the street but than they want the inside of our tractors clean. They also don't allow the dock to sweep trailers or remove nails, it wastes time. Every morning I reload my trailer after giving it a good sweep and make sure there aren't any nails, then I wash my mirrors & windows and do my pre-trip right in front of the TM's office.

If I were a driver, I would was my own truck when it needed washing. I wouldn't rely on the company do it because it makes the driver look bad, not just the company.

Our TM removed all the hoses and spigots from the shop about 3-4 years ago so our trucks look like hell! They also said you can't clean your windows in the yard you have to do it on the street but than they want the inside of our tractors clean. They also don't allow the dock to sweep trailers or remove nails, it wastes time. Every morning I reload my trailer after giving it a good sweep and make sure there aren't any nails, then I wash my mirrors & windows and do my pre-trip right in front of the TM's office.

I would think that a CLEAN TRUCK would make for a SAFE TRUCK. I would do exactly what you are doing. I would give it a good cleaning out, right under his nose. You don't want any spots on those windows when you look out, since it might blur your vision. Same for the mirrors.
I had a TM just like yours once, and I did it as close to his office as I could. I also made sure that any paper towels I used ended up on the ground. If he had any problems with it, he never said a word to me about it.

I would think that a CLEAN TRUCK would make for a SAFE TRUCK. I would do exactly what you are doing. I would give it a good cleaning out, right under his nose. You don't want any spots on those windows when you look out, since it might blur your vision. Same for the mirrors.
I had a TM just like yours once, and I did it as close to his office as I could. I also made sure that any paper towels I used ended up on the ground. If he had any problems with it, he never said a word to me about it.

How quickly management foget's all those posters..Keep It Clean, Keep It Bright!

That was in the old daze:clap: