Yellow | truck washing

Image is everything

theres a customer I deliver to weekly next to a National rental car place and they let me use there power wash equipment. It gives me a reason to stop and talk to the girl there and buy her lunch or I give the kid there $5- to hit the cab and trailer door with the power wash.

theres a customer I deliver to weekly next to a National rental car place and they let me use there power wash equipment. It gives me a reason to stop and talk to the girl there and buy her lunch or I give the kid there $5- to hit the cab and trailer door with the power wash.

AH HA!!!, Do I hear more than a truck wash going on there?:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Hey with any luck YRC will shut it down and someday when the economy picks up you can start over with some **** company that will have you in a nice SHINY truck. Honestly, why do you give a rat's a$& how clean your tractor is if you are lucky enough to be working right now?

Slave2money, Do you have a job? Do you have pride in your job and company you work for? If you were a customer that regulary recieved freight from the same company, wouldn't it say something to you if their equipment was almost always clean? It would show me that they actually care about what people and customers think of their image and they are willing go that extra mile to take care of the things inside the trailers as well as the outside of them.

It would tell me I could probably go to a competitor and get a better rate. The competitor would not have the shiny wheel overhead costs.

Slave2money, Do you have a job? Do you have pride in your job and company you work for? If you were a customer that regulary recieved freight from the same company, wouldn't it say something to you if their equipment was almost always clean? It would show me that they actually care about what people and customers think of their image and they are willing go that extra mile to take care of the things inside the trailers as well as the outside of them.

If i was a customer i would care more if my freight was delivered on time and damage free. Then what it was delivered in. If that would happen, then maybe we would make money doing what we are in business for.

I think all the dirt and grime is the only thing holding a lot of these wrecks together. However, I'm going to do my part and when I go in tomorrow morning I'm going to wash a couple of the company arse kissers':butt kiss: trucks. Just have to drink some extra coffee. Funny how yellow use to have first class, top shelf equipment (envy of the transportation industry) until roadway took over. Always clean and waxed. The Budd wheels were always polished too. What a damn shame! PS: When I go out west, I'm going to stop by headquarters and wash all the fresh air intake vents the same way on the company 747. Sniff up bill, you dirty old rag!

I think all the dirt and grime is the only thing holding a lot of these wrecks together. However, I'm going to do my part and when I go in tomorrow morning I'm going to wash a couple of the company arse kissers':butt kiss: trucks. Just have to drink some extra coffee. Funny how yellow use to have first class, top shelf equipment (envy of the transportation industry) until roadway took over. Always clean and waxed. The Budd wheels were always polished too. What a damn shame! PS: When I go out west, I'm going to stop by headquarters and wash all the fresh air intake vents the same way on the company 747. Sniff up bill, you dirty old rag!
EOL Terminals out West have always had crap! I have a 1999 Sterling, I've been writing it up for the clutch and belts for about six months, finally last Tuesday it broke down. Our mechanic died 3-4 months ago so we have a gypo doing all the work now and he don't by parts unless the TM says he can. So my tractor will sit for months I bet, like it did last time, can't remember the last time it got cleaned either.