Truck driver dies in Indiana Toll Road accident

Email
print

Share0

Photo illustration (Chicago Tribune)
Staff report

3:35 a.m. CST, February 4, 2012

A horse trailer came loose from the truck pulling it down the Indiana Toll Road early Saturday morning near Chesterton before striking a semitrailer and killing its driver.

Authorities haven't notified the driver's family of the death and are withholding the driver's name.

Rick Bullis, of Wood Dale, was pulling the 12-foot trailer when it broke free from his truck, according to a release from the Indiana State Police. He was heading west.

The trailer hopped a median and ended up in the eastbound lanes, police said. It was empty.

Topics
Motorvehicle Accidents
Transportation Accidents

The trailer struck a semi pulling two trailers, causing that driver to lose control and cross into the westbound lanes before coming to rest in a ditch north of the toll road, according to police.

The semitrailer driver was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

Police said Bullis wasn’t intoxicated and didn’t appear to make any unsafe lane movements before the accident. He was not cited or charged in connection with the crash.

[email protected]

Hmmm,driver not charged in the accident??If that had been a freight trailer that came loose and caused a loss of life,me thinks it would be different.Hate it for everyone involved.

Agreed a9fainnc. No citation? Nothing about safety chains? Seems to be some big holes in this story. RIP fellow driver.

Email
print

Share0

Photo illustration (Chicago Tribune)
Staff report

3:35 a.m. CST, February 4, 2012

A horse trailer came loose from the truck pulling it down the Indiana Toll Road early Saturday morning near Chesterton before striking a semitrailer and killing its driver.

Authorities haven't notified the driver's family of the death and are withholding the driver's name.

Rick Bullis, of Wood Dale, was pulling the 12-foot trailer when it broke free from his truck, according to a release from the Indiana State Police. He was heading west.

The trailer hopped a median and ended up in the eastbound lanes, police said. It was empty.

Topics
Motorvehicle Accidents
Transportation Accidents

The trailer struck a semi pulling two trailers, causing that driver to lose control and cross into the westbound lanes before coming to rest in a ditch north of the toll road, according to police.

Police said Bullis wasn’t intoxicated and didn’t appear to make any unsafe lane movements before the accident. He was not cited or charged in connection with the crash.

[email protected]
I ggogled the story!

Truck driver dies after horse trailer hits semi in Indiana Toll Road crash - WGN
Be safe everyone!

my thoughts go out to his family. glad i wasn t routed that way last night. really makes you think. i hope it wasn t one of our drivers.

Hell i came back across the tollroad heading back west around 4:30a went past where it had happened & they were still cleaning it up....with a few of what looked like company cars from that company. It was snowing around this time then. Got to the last service plaza after the lake station cashbox & a van got t-boned by a double 48ft skateboard....looks like the van was traveling east & crossed west....but all this happened hrs b4 i got there........

There is something wrong with this picture alright. How many different violations could this guy be written up with?

Hell i came back across the tollroad heading back west around 4:30a went past where it had happened & they were still cleaning it up....with a few of what looked like company cars from that company. It was snowing around this time then. Got to the last service plaza after the lake station cashbox & a van got t-boned by a double 48ft skateboard....looks like the van was traveling east & crossed west....but all this happened hrs b4 i got there........[/QUOTE

I just read the story about the van, the van driver died and the trucker was cited with a logbook violation. The trucker drove for Burnham, they pull double skateboards to the Maumee pad.

aww thats so sad

These guys should go for proper training sessions like driving courses to have full control, or else we'll see truck accidents around every other corner...

Hell i came back across the tollroad heading back west around 4:30a went past where it had happened & they were still cleaning it up....with a few of what looked like company cars from that company. It was snowing around this time then. Got to the last service plaza after the lake station cashbox & a van got t-boned by a double 48ft skateboard....looks like the van was traveling east & crossed west....but all this happened hrs b4 i got there........[/QUOTE

I just read the story about the van, the van driver died and the trucker was cited with a logbook violation. The trucker drove for Burnham, they pull double skateboards to the Maumee pad.

YEAH THAT PAD THERE IN THE BUCKEYE @ THE 59EXIT I TAKE IT THAT UPS SITS ON THE SIDE OF....YEAH I SEE QUITE A FEW OF EM DOWN THERE HOOKING/DROPPING WHEN I GO BY. IT'S GETTING CRAZY ACROSS THAT TOLLROAD THESE DAYS DRIVERS I TELL U.

truck driver dies in indiana toll road accident

email
print

share0

truck driver dies in indiana toll road accident

photo illustration (chicago tribune)
staff report

3:35 a.m. Cst, february 4, 2012

a horse trailer came loose from the truck pulling it down the indiana toll road early saturday morning near chesterton before striking a semitrailer and killing its driver.

Rick bullis, of wood dale, was pulling the 12-foot trailer when it broke free from his truck, according to a release from the indiana state police. He was heading west.

Topics
motorvehicle accidents
transportation accidents

the trailer struck a semi pulling two trailers, causing that driver to lose control and cross into the westbound lanes before coming to rest in a ditch north of the toll road, according to police.

Police said bullis wasn’t intoxicated and didn’t appear to make any unsafe lane movements before the accident. He was not cited or charged in connection with the crash.

[email protected]

lol...."he was not cited or charged in connection with the crash".....are u serious!? So the d@mn buster brown driver just went off & crossed the median on his own & into the ditch for fun!?..wtf! Let's get foreal here!

So the Burnham driver whos only mistake was probably being in the wrong place when the van spun out gets this logbook ticket cause hey, we gotta blame somebody and the van driver is deceased. Its likely the lawyers (sharks) smelled blood in the water and are closing in right now with the log citation in hand to gain easier entry to deep pockets.

How the hell would the flatfoots know this??

Apparently it is JUST FINE with Indiana flatfoots when pulling Trailers with POVs and the Trailers wander off on their own run and sometimes kill People, but the person Driving the pulling vehicle is not accountable??
I can easily see some Vigilante Justice being meted out, since the
long arm of the law is, as usual, worthless.
---
Driving School PUTZ.
Thanks for adding such link which ISN'T NEEDED and is NOT APPRECIATED in this Thread!!