ODFL | Truckers Win $3.4M Settlement in Unpaid Overtime Class Action Lawsuit

Virtually every P/D driver at OD has had the option of moving to Line-Haul at one time or another,many decline for a wide variety of reasons,its safe to assume they know about the disparity in pay rates when they make their choices..

Frankly dean that doesn't matter. Not all of us can be linehaul drivers. Someone has to pick up and deliver the freight you and I move around.

QUOTE="DayliteDean, post: 918760, member: 205"]Virtually every P/D driver at OD has had the option of moving to Line-Haul at one time or another,many decline for a wide variety of reasons,its safe to assume they know about the disparity in pay rates when they make their choices..[/QUOTE]
Frankly dean that doesn't matter. Not all of us can be linehaul drivers. Someone has to pick up and deliver the freight you and I move around.
And I agree with both of you. However, I do not believe that the disparity in pay is fair. I'm kiddingly saying that money should be taken from road drivers and given to city men but that gap should be lessened and I'd prefer for city pay to be brought up over road pay being brought down. At ABF a road driver makes some $36/hr at highway speeds plus drop and hook pay which can easily amount to more than that. Is there anyone out there who honestly believes that a city man should make $24 by comparison while dealing with what we have to do today?

QUOTE="DayliteDean, post: 918760, member: 205"]Virtually every P/D driver at OD has had the option of moving to Line-Haul at one time or another,many decline for a wide variety of reasons,its safe to assume they know about the disparity in pay rates when they make their choices..

And I agree with both of you. However, I do not believe that the disparity in pay is fair. I'm kiddingly saying that money should be taken from road drivers and given to city men but that gap should be lessened and I'd prefer for city pay to be brought up over road pay being brought down. At ABF a road driver makes some $36/hr at highway speeds plus drop and hook pay which can easily amount to more than that. Is there anyone out there who honestly believes that a city man should make $24 by comparison while dealing with what we have to do today?[/QUOTE]

City drivers definitely deserve more than what they get. I've done both classifications and for all they have to juggle I don't think you could actually pay a city driver too much.

Can anyone tell me if a city driver breaks down or is delayed anywhere does his or her pay drop down to 7.50 an hour?
I can tell you that it does not drop at ABF. How often does that happen?

Trying to discuss this in an adult matter Kenneth. You have stated your point that it can't happen. Now I know why, because you can't. Please crawl back under your rock and let us grownups handle this.

Trying to discuss this in an adult matter Kenneth. You have stated your point that it can't happen. Now I know why, because you can't. Please crawl back under your rock and let us grownups handle this.
O'h I am for sure.It start'd has a OT lawsuit&now where are we at now???Have at it.ABF'r had to come over here just for the amusement&yes,too answer Buckeye's ? I get pay'd my reg rate if I'm brokedown,getting fuel,or delay'd somewhere.I just love sitting back&delay at a customer..It all pay's the same.O'h yes when I get done with my linehaul trip&wait to fuel up on the clock..:27::poke:Yes,I'm with needing to trim a little off that linehaul pay&giving the city driver's a little more.Have the past year's except for last year that the pay raises we have received over the year's have alway's benefit'd the road driver's.But,going to stop. Hate to change the subject more than it has so far.:6817:

O'h I am for sure.It start'd has a OT lawsuit&now where are we at now???Have at it.ABF'r had to come over here just for the amusement&yes,too answer Buckeye's ? I get pay'd my reg rate if I'm brokedown,getting fuel,or delay'd somewhere.I just love sitting back&delay at a customer..It all pay's the same.O'h yes when I get done with my linehaul trip&wait to fuel up on the clock..:27::poke:Yes,I'm with needing to trim a little off that linehaul pay&giving the city driver's a little more.Have the past year's except for last year that the pay raises we have received over the year's have alway's benefit'd the road driver's.But,going to stop. Hate to change the subject more than it has so far.:6817:
I don't think you get it!!! I haven't heard one line guy say city shouldn't make more. Just don't think your gonna get it at my expense. That's why the ot debate is so interesting. Why would you want to work 55 hours when you could work 45 and make the same amount. The thought that you'd get your hours cut is horse poop. The 3 major ltl's all pay some kind of ot. It's time for OD to recognize the work city guys and dock workers do. They want to be #1... then show future employees why they sound choose OD.

I don't think you get it!!! I haven't heard one line guy say city shouldn't make more. Just don't think your gonna get it at my expense. That's why the ot debate is so interesting. Why would you want to work 55 hours when you could work 45 and make the same amount. The thought that you'd get your hours cut is horse poop. The 3 major ltl's all pay some kind of ot. It's time for OD to recognize the work city guys and dock workers do. They want to be #1... then show future employees why they sound choose OD.
So True & they should.But,the ? is BUT??????Then maybe you need to talk to our Federal Labor Board.OD is doing nothing wrong.Why would want to start paying O/T.If they start which they will never do till the law's change.It's all about the mighty dollar.Look how much they save by not paying OT.They take that money&spend in capital investment's.So again we all know when we came to work at OD that they do not pay O/T till after 60.I don't&will not concern myself&base my pay on OT.Been there done that.I'm more concern'd on what I work&can get in my week of work.

That's fair. I'm just saying you work your 40 and then everything after that is extra. If you don't base your pay on ot that's smart. But why not enjoy a 45 hour week with the same pay as 50 hour week? You keep saying you want to take money from line haul but you won't fight for your own paycheck. You say you don't think some people deserve a safety bonus also. Where should that money go? Stop trying to get in everyone else's wallet when you feel the need to make a point. Line haul gets paid more because of the shift differential and the fact most days are 10 to 11 hours long. If your working that many hours your pay should match or come close.

Also on another note. I wouldn't brag about being on the clock while fueling for line haul. Some might consider that theft, and you know we only get $1.50 for fueling when you signed up for that extra trip.

That's fair. I'm just saying you work your 40 and then everything after that is extra. If you don't base your pay on ot that's smart. But why not enjoy a 45 hour week with the same pay as 50 hour week? You keep saying you want to take money from line haul but you won't fight for your own paycheck. You say you don't think some people deserve a safety bonus also. Where should that money go? Stop trying to get in everyone else's wallet when you feel the need to make a point. Line haul gets paid more because of the shift differential and the fact most days are 10 to 11 hours long. If your working that many hours your pay should match or come close.

Also on another note. I wouldn't brag about being on the clock while fueling for line haul. Some might consider that theft, and you know we only get $1.50 for fueling when you signed up for that extra trip.
Thanks for the advice there UMP.Got it coverd there.Carry On....

We good.I get tired of people posting stuff like this&leave.They only do this to stir the pot&see the reaction that get's start'd.First of all this lawsuit was in California.Also,if you have got your new driver's handbook.There is a section that mention's the California labor law.Something about meal break's.I just get tired of beating the old stick over this.Again it's all good.We get paid good money&we all know that clock guy's do not get OT.But,we are all free to leave&go to work for someone who pay's OT.Just my 2 cent.
It's not always easy for someone to find another employer, for varies reasons.

no worries
Will do sir... just thought you where finished with this topic, as earlier stated. I'm for everyone making more. The better this company does the better we all do. A top notch company gets the best people to come work for it, the better the people the better the product. Simple to me. It's like the circle of life and everyone benefits from the hard work.

I can tell you that it does not drop at ABF. How often does that happen?
In ten years I've only broke down once that delayed me more than a hour(that was close to two) but then again much of the equipment I pull(tractor,both trailers and gear)manufactures build dates ages TOTAL less than five years..

So sad that this forum has got so negative so fast.Just beating a old stick in the ground.Other guy's are just loving it.Again just got'a love the road guy's beating this OT thing down the road.Again,when it doesn't even concern you.You get pay'd mileage&very good mileage pay at that to.There is no debate in this.This originally concern California only&they have different rules&law's.Again,all this does is create arguement&division on this forum&the company itself.I'm no Moderator&thank the lord I'm not.Because this tread would have been deleted when it was post'd.Moderator's on this forum have been nice.I have really enjoy'd this forum over the year's because I could come here & be proud of what we have here with all the hard working OD family that shares the view's&information thru out the company.Also the compliment's of other's who troll the forum's&like the fact that OD's Forum is very positive to the company.But,here lately with help of a few neg.poster's that just love to stir it up it has got be a freak'n joke.Thank You!!!