Trucking Company failures on the rise.

i am not keeping up with the freight rates, nor the diesel prices, since i really have no inherent need. seems to me that many of those companies out of business could have tighten their belts a little better. ike laying off drivers for one, and other support staff with high salaries. sales staff should have been fired off or laid off as well, since it is after all the sales dept's job to procure freights. then there are freight brokers they could have called and gotten some freight from.

it's actually as i see it, "only the fittest will survive, the weak ones will fall off to the side".

do i feel sorry for the closed shops?

frankly no. it's a business and if the execs cannot stay fit and trim, then get the hell out.

but i'll just bet, not too many execs at these companies, took a pay cut.........the highest payroll sucking people out there.

i am not keeping up with the freight rates, nor the diesel prices, since i really have no inherent need. seems to me that many of those companies out of business could have tighten their belts a little better. ike laying off drivers for one, and other support staff with high salaries. sales staff should have been fired off or laid off as well, since it is after all the sales dept's job to procure freights. then there are freight brokers they could have called and gotten some freight from.

it's actually as i see it, "only the fittest will survive, the weak ones will fall off to the side".

frankly no. it's a business and if the execs cannot stay fit and trim, then get the hell out.

but i'll just bet, not too many execs at these companies, took a pay cut.........the highest payroll sucking people out there.
A

Its safe to say that every trucking company does have some drivers that do not perform to the best they could. Therefore, these drivers should be elininated. However! Cutting the source of your income is a disastrous move. When you get to the point that you have to cut off your arm to save your foot, you have a problem. It's time to look up hill from your money source. Another problem is safety. Safety is a number one feature of any trucking company, but safety sometimes gets a beating by over pushing to satisfy a insurance company. The safety record of the company should stand for something. It's not sbout how much money the company spends on hardware or software. But that is exactly what insurance companies are doing to trucking companies...AND THEY ARE EXPANDING THEIR REACH ALL FOR THE SAKE OF MAKING A DOLLAR.