Trucking regs to be nixed???

Let's LOOK at such medical assault objectively, not merely from a Truck Driver point of view.

There are many Proven Facts as there are Reasons regarding sleep apnea on both sides, for & against.
The Medical and Pharmaceutical crowds are FOR because of the profits.
I'm with the AGAINST "such pointless mandate" crowd.

Snoring has NO EFFECT upon how long a person stays awake, can safely drive a vehicle, can SAFELY perform "safety sensitive functions", as well those that claim the opposite.
If such mandate passes then it needs be mandated in the Military as well Law Enforcement, every Hospital & ALL Staff, Emergency Response Personnel, all facets of Government, as well any Organization AND/OR Structure that is involved with helping People in any way, shape or form......in essence, NO ONE is excluded.
It would therefore REQUIRE a sleep apnea study BEFORE being granted ANY TYPE Permit, License, Degree, Elected Status, Security Clearance or Level, etc.

If such were implemented, how many people would pass AND how additionally stringent would be the requirements to "pass such testing"?
How about receiving such a type of mailing:
You are hereby RESTRICTED from performing ANY Safety Sensitive Operation/Duty UNTIL a Record of A Sleep Apnea Study has been Duly RECORDED In The National Database. Your Cooperation Is Appreciated. Your Permit, License, Degree, Elected Status, Security Clearance or Level, etc. is suspended as of the date of this letter UNTIL You Provide Required Documentation, as STATED above. Failure to Comply results in REVOCATION of Your Permit, License, Degree, Elected Status, Security Clearance or Level, etc.
Have a Nice Day. OMB CONTROL NUMBER XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Good idea?
Logic & Common Sense confirm NO!!
- - - -
This post is entirely of MY Opinion & Creation, where Your Opinion & Creation is of You.
- - - -
CHEERS!!

Let's LOOK at such medical assault objectively, not merely from a Truck Driver point of view.

There are many Proven Facts as there are Reasons regarding sleep apnea on both sides, for & against.
The Medical and Pharmaceutical crowds are FOR because of the profits.
I'm with the AGAINST "such pointless mandate" crowd.

Snoring has NO EFFECT upon how long a person stays awake, can safely drive a vehicle, can SAFELY perform "safety sensitive functions", as well those that claim the opposite.
If such mandate passes then it needs be mandated in the Military as well Law Enforcement, every Hospital & ALL Staff, Emergency Response Personnel, all facets of Government, as well any Organization AND/OR Structure that is involved with helping People in any way, shape or form......in essence, NO ONE is excluded.
It would therefore REQUIRE a sleep apnea study BEFORE being granted ANY TYPE Permit, License, Degree, Elected Status, Security Clearance or Level, etc.

If such were implemented, how many people would pass AND how additionally stringent would be the requirements to "pass such testing"?
How about receiving such a type of mailing:
You are hereby RESTRICTED from performing ANY Safety Sensitive Operation/Duty UNTIL a Record of A Sleep Apnea Study has been Duly RECORDED In The National Database. Your Cooperation Is Appreciated. Your Permit, License, Degree, Elected Status, Security Clearance or Level, etc. is suspended as of the date of this letter UNTIL You Provide Required Documentation, as STATED above. Failure to Comply results in REVOCATION of Your Permit, License, Degree, Elected Status, Security Clearance or Level, etc.
Have a Nice Day. OMB CONTROL NUMBER XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Good idea?
Logic & Common Sense confirm NO!!
- - - -
This post is entirely of MY Opinion & Creation, where Your Opinion & Creation is of You.
- - - -
CHEERS!!

EXACTLY. What good for one group should certainly be mandatory for these other groups as well.

EXACTLY. What good for one group should certainly be mandatory for these other groups as well.
But like C said. Profits, and I will add that dirty word,, exemption.... some companies and their insurers are so convinced of this being a problem, that their BMI number is lower than the federal limit of 35...

I'll bet that since the "sleep study" has been eliminated, these testing facilities will still have the ir own B.M.I. limits as well Breathing "tests" and will still have the ability to render upon Drivers, failure to pass the physical.
Mark these words!!

The "federal limit" is not recognized by united health care as well (maybe) concentra and some other GREEDY D.O.T. TESTING facilities.
Their (united) B.M.I. LIMIT was around 25-28 (I'm sure it's lower) for a possibly suggested or required SLEEP APNEA "STUDY", so be careful.

Also these GREEDY D.O.T. TESTING facilities, for tobacco smokers, will give a "breathing test" called a L.E.T. (Lung Evacuation Test) and a person has to do this "test" 3 times to get a average score (united claims it's a federal requirement when it's ONLY their pathetic requirement). When I did the "breathing test" in 2015, the FAILING SCORE was 65. I got a "average score" of 66. That was at united health care in Greensboro, NC on west Friendly avenue (airport area), so DO NOT GO THERE or ANY location!!
The Lung Evacuation Test consists of a device similar to a Blood-Alcohol Breath Test in the field administered by a County Mountie, City Kitty or Full Grown Bear, HOWEVER unlike those units that ALLOW BACKPRESSURE to get a reading, the ones used for your D.O.T. testing have NO BACKPRESSURE and REQUIRE exhaling for a minimum of 14 seconds, therefore if you are also a tobacco user, you'll most likely be out of Breath in 11 seconds or less and are still required to somehow exhale until the alarm sounds, which by the third round gives a lower reading thus lowering your "average of 3 readings".
THE TEST IS NOT A FEDERALLY MANDATED TEST and is administered by united health on THEIR TERMS and they "claim" it IS a fed requirement.

NO PERSON has to go to ANY D.O.T. TESTING FACILITY that they do not want to attend regardless of what people claim at Trucking or other companies.
- - - -
http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/no-more-sleep-apnea-testing.81756/

Last edited: