Truckingboards Increased Speed, feedback needed...

Discussion in 'Announcements and Help' started by Jeff, Aug 26, 2011.

1. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

This sprint card is slow, thats why vids don't load fast, music buffers, I hate it but until I get my mess cleaned up its all I have so I'm grateful for it. I think thats why when switching between threads and boards I still hang up on the page, but like I said its not on your end, its completely on mine, I have noticed really quick that its not near as bad, so what you did helped my slow connection. Sprint can boast what they want but my lap top is older even cable wasn't perfect. All I know is there is a big difference in speed.

2. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

well IT IS loading up faster for me as well. i too have Verizon's DSL, and it's pretty fast. i had in the past complained about the (to me) extreme lag time going from one board to another, or just hitting the "back button" was at times, excruciatingly slow. i was always told it was MY pc, or MY connection or whatever else. but i can "see" from just minutes ago of going back and forth, and whatnot, that things ARE faster.

but now it comes down to cost for you, the owner. as i cannot get involved with asking you any particular question(s), all i can say is, "if you can manage the costs, good for you, if you cannot, oh well, you tried.... and NO ONE can fault you for your final decision".

3. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Pro you are only as fast as your slowest hop to a server, the way I have it set now, you are connecting to the server closest to you and probably making less hops. This kinda works like the highway system, it puts you on the fastest road to get to your destination.

I got the costs covered, Kinda annoying though at first finding bugs to fix

4. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

I realize you see much more than I can being the owner and all, but you must have stepped all over the bugs, I'm on here quite a bit and I never saw anything out of the ordinary..great work!

5. slider

slider The Purple Promise

I have noticed the pages load faster. Great job Jeff.

6. lilken

lilken New Member

As a new member I don't have any idea, what I do know is the more peers(connections) you have to server farms the faster you will be. Hope that helps.

7. OleGuy

OleGuy Member

It's fast Jeff...
    Like Blazing Saddles.

8. double r

double r Dock delivery expert

Sitting in a hotel room in York, Pa, connected to there wifi(decent signal). TB is alot faster then it use to be when I hit it from a hotel wifi.

9. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Check out this little guy laying rubber .... :smilie93C_peelout: Pretty impressive how fast he shifts. It was slow before.

10. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Ok, I just discovered another little gem of a tweak and I am hoping it will even increase the speed more.... Most people on blazing fast internet will not notice this speed increase but others on slower DSL should.... I will test this by setting my phone as a wifi hotspot and logging in from that internet connection since it is very slow compared to my fiber optic home internet.

11. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Ok, I am now posting from the hotspot on my phone which is much slower as you can see speedtest.net rates this mobile internet at a F- which is bad, it is actually better than that most places but the signal is not strong in the house.
    [​IMG]
    Anyhoo if I can connect to Truckingboards with this slow internet quickly, anybody should be able too.

12. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Thanks....your good deeds do go noticed .....with me anyhow

13. Jeff

Jeff Administrator

Thanks Stimpy, Just trying to get the most bang for our buck here

14. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Wings Over the World!

Whatever you, Jeff, do to improve the site is/are generally the best idea/s available and as such do not possess negative characteristics.
    Seems the speed has improved therefore WELL DONE MATE!!