TForce | Truckload Division to Start Moving LTL Loads - Monday 3/16/2009!

truck load

The truck load guys are not Union like us and are employed by UPS if there where UPS would make them have uniforms like us that is the LAW of UPS. Its just like when they hire you, you can not work on the streets at all if you have NO uniforms. Thats our FREIGHT and I'm on layoff that's BULLSHIT. When I work the dock and I have to load a Landspan trailer with my FREIGHT because they say they have no one to move it I say what about me I'm a road driver. I'm loosing my mind here it has to STOP make sure you guys are talking to your BA'S. As you can tell I am PIST OFF:Flame-On::Flame-On::Flame-On::Flame-On:

The truck load guys are not Union like us and are employed by UPS if there where UPS would make them have uniforms like us that is the LAW of UPS. Its just like when they hire you, you can not work on the streets at all if you have NO uniforms. Thats our FREIGHT and I'm on layoff that's BULLSHIT. When I work the dock and I have to load a Landspan trailer with my FREIGHT because they say they have no one to move it I say what about me I'm a road driver. I'm loosing my mind here it has to STOP make sure you guys are talking to your BA'S. As you can tell I am PIST OFF:

harryjclifford3,
Hats off to you!!! I agree with you, this company is becoming a Big Joke! An once again I ask the question, why I'm I paying $60.00 a month to The Joksters for. This is becoming a bad dream!. :ranting2:

Did you folks honestly think that UPS was going to bow down to the union and play fair and be nice ? Were ALL lucky we still even work here. If we hadn't gone union,we would have giving back 5% and no raises and STILL be competing for work with $c@b$ ! Wake up ! These issues we will fight with the company with for the next five years !

talked to tl driver in our (lex) yard out of hrs, taken hours in his sleeper. going back to hrs today when his hours where up. we have 7 layed off, still got 6 adhoc's working 2 days a week.

Rumor has it that SOH will be losing eight high paying runs to truckload. 470 miles turns to Richmond, IN where they met PTG drivers who then relayed that freight in PTG, 520 miles where the next eight guys turned HRS 420 miles. That's 24 men on decent schedules who will be displaced by non-union lower paid drivers. Eight in SOH and sixteen in PTG.

In SOH it will affect almost every one of the road drivers as the most senior drivers run these Richmond turns. That means that every driver will get bumped down eight spots and six or seven drivers will join the other eight already on layoff.

I heard from a truckload driver that they hired 600 guys in the past two months and then laid two-thirds of them off. Obviously this was in the plans for quite some time.

I find no justification for this and fully expect the Teamsters to shut this down. My fear though, is that UPS might offer up these truckload guys to the Teamsters in exchange for the ability to continue using them on LTL loads. Clearly that would be a benefit to the Teamsters, but it would come at our expense. We'll see where the Teamsters loyalty lies on this one. Will they serve their own interest or will they actually fight for us?

And don't think this won't happen at your terminal. All of you sitting back waiting for new, longer runs can kiss those good-bye as when they do come, they'll be given to the truckload guys rather than to us. All mini-hub runs will remain ours, but any meet and turns will go to truckload. Get your dock gear ready, because you're going to need it.

Maybe I am missing something here, but why aren't we passing out cards to the TL drivers? Did we quit trying to organize everyone in UPS?

Article 44 specifically states--- The Employer may not subcontract work in any classification if any employee who normally performs such work is on layoff. Keep filing on this, UPS has a lot of money and there should be plenty of back pay involved!

In the old days when men had balls they would follow these guys around and if it was found they were taking work away from a Teamster, the grievances would fly like bullets. Airlines would get cut, tires slashed, and 5th wheels pulled. Guys would be approached in the parking and made an offer they couldn't refuse...and those who didn't play ball would wake up in their sleeper with a horses head in the sheets.

What it all boils down to is that these TL guys and contractors are taking food off your table and money away from your families because they choose to run cheaper than you.

That's bogus, man!! :flame:

nil was right, today a tl guy is bringing a load from atl to oro strange thing is I think he made the pickup also the trailer had 4 different shippers on it all were right next to eachother after he made the pickup in atl he is driving straight to oro.

These guys are pulling freight out of any terminal that they are dispatched to...

They are running less then 500 miles...

Often times - They are driving less then eight (8) hours...

Then being told to take their ten (10) hours off - while sitting in the terminals yard...

Absolute BS - since We still have drivers not working throughout Our system!

yes this is our freight but then why do he have schneider and warner at our st louis bard every day. it is b.s. i agree!!! but at least if truckload is taking it its kind of or own people...which to me is better then the others

yes this is our freight but then why do he have Schneider and warner at our st louis bard every day. it is b.s. i agree!!! but at least if truckload is taking it its kind of or own people...which to me is better then the others
..oook and o/op UPSF doing the same...this is a direct violation of the sub contracting article....they are circumventing it merely as a cost cutting measure...I hope...cant do it if folks are on lay off.. so if any terminal has this going on with ... "A" single road driver on lay off ;file on it...we have the wild turn guys.. nnnno where can we not make our normal delivery times... now if these shipments are a special time sensitive Guaranteed delivery shippment..maybe..but just normal ltl...nope this violates the sub contracting article...thats centrals job line up the wild guys or sleepers to move this type of freight...having it on a schedule just might not make sense,granted....but to say we don't have the means,when guys are laid off is a lie...

Where are all the people who agreed with the "recruiter" from the T/L division that posted on here a few months ago. Praising her because she was "offering jobs to laid off people" from UPSFRT. Those same folks bashed me because I told her that this was our work. If I remember that was Southern Grits wife wasn't it?:duh:

I did a search using the word "recruiter" and found the post I remembered.

I was correct it was Southern Grits wife that posted to hire for the truckload division.

Also seems Nik Diesel had a "friend" that was going to work for them at that time. Nik thought it was a great thing for his "friend" to help put his union brothers, and sisters out of work.
Reading his recent posts it doesn't seem tha Nik views this as such a good idea.

This post was not made with the intent to bash anyone, just to point out that before you have a knee jerk reaction, and follow the direction of the wind at any particular moment, maybe you should examine your actual beliefs. :smilie_132:

Where are all the people who agreed with the "recruiter" from the T/L division that posted on here a few months ago. Praising her because she was "offering jobs to laid off people" from UPSFRT. Those same folks bashed me because I told her that this was our work. If I remember that was Southern Grits wife wasn't it?:duh:

Yes that was my wife.. so what? when she offered the jobs this was not happening, she like all of us was in the dark about the mass hiring... guess what, when she found out she quit! thats right I said quit! anymore comments?

oh and by the way, before she left, the tl division also laid off 34 drivers BEFORE they even hit the road. these were new hires not even put out with a trainer, so things change obviously overnite (no pun intended)...

I did a search using the word "recruiter" and found the post I remembered.

I was correct it was Southern Grits wife that posted to hire for the truckload division.

Also seems Nik Diesel had a "friend" that was going to work for them at that time. Nik thought it was a great thing for his "friend" to help put his union brothers, and sisters out of work.

Reading his recent posts it doesn't seem tha Nik views this as such a good idea.

This post was not made with the intent to bash anyone, just to point out that before you have a knee jerk reaction, and follow the direction of the wind at any particular moment, maybe you should examine your actual beliefs.

Nice try - rocketmann!

Boy You've been really chomping at the bit for this for this < potential > opportunity - haven't You?

Go back and read this thread from the beginning (instead of taking subject matter out of context)

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/ups-freight/45514-upsfreight-truckload-jobs-available.html

You came out < blazing saddles > then disappeared back into oblivion just as quick...

You never responded to southerngrits, liz or myself...

Where have You been weasel? :smilie_132:

Lay-off's and the timing of Liz's thread coincidentally came out at the same time!

http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/ups-freight/46155-layoffs.html

If Your going to lurk - then attack...

Be prepared before doing so! :loser: :loser: :loser:

Forward - Kilroy965

The friend in question - forwarded this reply to rocketmann's post... through a PM to Me...

For some unknown reason it did not post to this forum...

(He pay's for internet usage at various truck stops - while on the road... and apparently ran out of time - trying to figure out why this didn't take)

I'm going to post it for him - because it provides an interesting perspective as well as reasoning and insight to what is actually happening to those directly associated with TL...

:smilie_132: Moderators... if this violates any rules - I apologize!

If You can eliminate My information and allow it to reflect Kilroy965 as the poster... that would be even better!

That way those that may be interested in replying to his post directly would be able to do so... carrying on the original content...

I did a search using the word &quot;recruiter&quot; and found the post I remembered.

Also seems Nik Diesel had a &quot;friend&quot; that was going to work for them at that time. Nik thought it was a great thing for his &quot;friend&quot; to help put his union brothers, and sisters out of work.

This post was not made with the intent to bash anyone, just to point out that before you have a knee jerk reaction, and follow the direction of the wind at any particular moment, maybe you should examine your actual beliefs. :smilie_132:

I tried to post this but it would not let me

First of all let me say this that I am Nik Diesels Friend and I do work for truckload. I took this job because I got laid off from my union job with U S F Holland. I would much rather be working there than here. At the time I took this job Truckload was not involved with LTL in any way so in fairness no Nik he did not know just like everybody else did not know that truckload would infringed upon your work. Those of you that are layoff know how I felt sitting at home waiting on a call for work that never comes. I took this job so that I could get the Benny's for my family as I have a sickly wife. Those of you in the Central States know that if you get laid off you lose your Benny's right away. I hate this job with a passion as I am away from my family for 10 to 14 days or more. I will continue to do this until something better comes along and in this economy that could be a very long time. I have been a Teamster for 25 years and would like to be one again. As far as truckload hauling LTL I told Nik about this and wondered how they could do this. I personally don't want to haul LTL as there is not much for mileage as far as I am told by guys that have run it so I do not see why LTL cannot haul it themselves. Truckload drivers can run roughly anywhere from 650 to 700 miles a day so why would I want a run that is less than 400 miles a day. Keep filing grievances and talk to the truckload driver and find out how many miles it is to his destination. Take copies of the d/r so you have a record you can give to your B/A and ask them to sign cards to become UNION. Because if you think you get treated like S**T by UPS then walk a mile in my shoes

Well i guess it takes BIG block letters for some to be able to read the writing on the wall. If you didn't realize what was happening with the big hiring campaign in T/L didvision, while things were slowing down on the Unioin/LTL side then I guess you are one of them. I at that time just tried to point out the obvious and was chastised for it.

Look I don't want to see anybody out of work period, and I know eveyone has to, but when obvious things like this happen, I can't/ won't just set back and not say anything when it is so blatantly clear what is happening and then let folks attack me when I point them out. I guess I don't understand how anybody can support the use of outside personel when WE?, have folks sitting at home. This company for years used the &quot;extra board&quot; to move this freight throughout the system when there was no return freight. And yes Viriginia LTL drivers can run the same miles as the T/L division can we all operate under the same Federal Law concerning Hours of Service
It is crystal clear that the company is ramping up the use of T/L and &quot;leased to&quot; trucks because they realize that is a very very real possibility that the arbitrator will rule in favor of the Union re: subcontracting. This is the next step for them then they will argue that they are using &quot;company&quot; employees to do this work and they will continue to try to weasel their way around the article.
Sorrry If my &quot;see I told Ya&quot; stepped on your toes!