TForce | Truckload Division to Start Moving LTL Loads - Monday 3/16/2009!

The truck load guys are not Union like us and are employed by UPS if there where UPS would make them have uniforms like us that is the LAW of UPS. Its just like when they hire you, you can not work on the streets at all if you have NO uniforms. Thats our FREIGHT and I'm on layoff that's BULLSHIT. When I work the dock and I have to load a Landspan trailer with my FREIGHT because they say they have no one to move it I say what about me I'm a road driver. I'm loosing my mind here it has to STOP make sure you guys are talking to your BA'S. As you can tell I am PIST OFF

Since when does YOUR freight come from UPS Cartage?
That is where UPS T/L picks up, not from YOUR terminal.
If there is a barn-door SSD trailer in your yard, it's probably because it was taken from the shop before T/L could pick it up after being repaired.

No, TL is being used to to pickup from multiple customers in places like industrial parks where the company knows there will be 20+ skids going to a region or state, the TL guy makes 2 or 3 stops fills his trailer up then drives it to a LTL hub.

I think it is the same thing that yellow did with the velocity drivers, but not sure.

No, TL is being used to to pickup from multiple customers in places like industrial parks where the company knows there will be 20+ skids going to a region or state, the TL guy makes 2 or 3 stops fills his trailer up then drives it to a LTL hub.

I think it is the same thing that yellow did with the velocity drivers, but not sure.

I have never seen that. Maybe if you had pictures, but its probably an SSD trailer that Freight is using. I could be wrong, but I have never seen it, heard of it. T/L does not deal with customers except maybe Ferguson Flatbed division. T/L only goes from Cartage hub to Cartage hub. Worldport to LA, Dallas, Florida...

Your thinking of "Utility" not "Velocity". All velocity runs are just terminal to terminal. No P&D is allowed since all velocity runs are filled by Road Drivers.

Today I spoke with an Owner Operator leased to UPS Freight, he told me Truckload Division is pulling LTL freight in certain lanes, said the LTL loads hes pulled were loaded on Truckload Division 53's. He said he stays away from the LTL freight, due to the downtime associated with loading/unloading before getting back on the road, and prefers Truckload freight which is drop/hook for the most part. He also stated that Truckload Division is staying quite busy, sometimes to the point their dropyards don't have any empties available.

why is it such a big deal on which trailer they pull? Why has it been ok or atleast not such a big outrage thet they have been pulling 53's, but now there pulling sets and everyone gets there panties in a wad?