XPO | Truckload is being sold

Us Consolidated Freightways guys can tell you how it feels to get kicked in the nuts . ....

Personally, Consolidated Freightways really peaks my interest. I can't imagine the Con-way LTL today is much different then the days of Consolidated Freight. I recall looking at pictures of the consolidated freightways trailer numbers and how they were placed and are the same today on con-way/xpo trailers.

I'd love to read stories or hear stories from consolidated freight drivers. What was the job like? What was the atmosphere, etc.. Someone should really make a documentary about consolidated freightways going around talking to former drivers and managers about their time.

I read Transforce liked the reputation had b/4 being bought by Conway and since it will still be a US based division they kept the name. They said the corp office in Joplin is still there with its on safety and HR dept. Apparently Conway/XPO never merged thier office staff in with the other divisions.

Personally, Consolidated Freightways really peaks my interest. I can't imagine the Con-way LTL today is much different then the days of Consolidated Freight. I recall looking at pictures of the consolidated freightways trailer numbers and how they were placed and are the same today on con-way/xpo trailers.

I'd love to read stories or hear stories from consolidated freight drivers. What was the job like? What was the atmosphere, etc.. Someone should really make a documentary about consolidated freightways going around talking to former drivers and managers about their time.
My Uncle retired from C F. He seen my copy's of my 265 pay sheet s lying on my desk years ago, and he said that they were exactly like the ones that C F used.

It never made sense for a company that made it's money booking loads, to keep Truckload. They finally got the price they wanted. And not at all surprised that it's a Canadian fleet. Likely Transforce were looking for lanes direct to Mexico. Win - win for both companies here.
Actually, TFI has no interest in Mexico. They're interested in America. They're cumulatively the biggest carrier in Canada and they're pretty much everywhere here. They're big in truckload, LTL, bulk haulage and they've been in automotive and oil at different times too.

I wonder what TFI will rename it to?

A good name is made by treating people, both customers and employees with respect and being fair and honest in all aspects of the business. Something Con-way had no idea about.

Actually, TFI has no interest in Mexico. They're interested in America. They're cumulatively the biggest carrier in Canada and they're pretty much everywhere here. They're big in truckload, LTL, bulk haulage and they've been in automotive and oil at different times too.

I wonder what TFI will rename it to?
"CFI, a division of transforce." That's what all the companies they own run under. They are all kept as seperate entities. If one fails, it doesn't take the rest with it.

"CFI, a division of transforce." That's what all the companies they own run under. They are all kept as seperate entities. If one fails, it doesn't take the rest with it.
I know. And I figured it'd probably be CFI like what they did with Loomis. But then they changed ATS Retail Solutions to TForce after about a year.

I never understood why Conway or cnf or whoever bought CFI wanted that turd for.
Would have been way better off keeping CF afloat and keeping the regionals separate.
Who the hell would want a company the competes with JB Hurt and Swift.

From what i was told the reason we have XM radio is CFI had a lifetime membership for XM radio so when Con-Way bought CFI any trucks Con-Way bought would get it free. Now Xpo sold truckload will Xpo continue to get it free if not do you think they will pay for it?